Alonso and a pro licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
I heard Jenson Button is handy on a bike

He Not short of money that's for sure ... he has been waiting for his licence for a couple of years (reportedly)
Will be interesting to how his back room staff get on and the riders they choose

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
Applying for a pro tour licence and getting one are two different things. In the case of a vacancy there will always be several contenders, and some of the Pro-Conti teams would have a fair claim for a go first, if they had the right money in place - about 3-4 times the cost of a Div. 2 team.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Applying for a pro tour licence and getting one are two different things. In the case of a vacancy there will always be several contenders.

I'm not sure that this is going to be true this year - the top Pro-Conti teams do well enough on wild card entries to the GTs, to the point that quite a lot of commentators are saying that there is not a great deal of incentive to make the jump to World Tour status, especially given the onerous financial reporting and biopassport requirements etc.

oldroadman

Veteran
I'm not sure that this is going to be true this year - the top Pro-Conti teams do well enough on wild card entries to the GTs, to the point that quite a lot of commentators are saying that there is not a great deal of incentive to make the jump to World Tour status, especially given the onerous financial reporting and biopassport requirements etc.

Which is a very good reason to extend the scheme to all UCI registered teams!

Top Bottom