Am I in the right place?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avalon

Guru
Welcome O40C.
I'm an Englishman living in South Australia.
My link to link to Nottingham is that I did a bicycle repair and service course at the Raleigh factory. That was over 30 years ago.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Interesting but fascinatingly irrelevant fact for today: if you click into my Location (Upper Gumtree) you'll end up back in Australia, though somewhere in NSW!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I can imagine cycling in Oz would be very pleasurable. I have had a several trips to Melbourne a few years ago and you Aussies are very relaxed lot. I like the way you always get a pair of shorts for the hot weather when you buy a suit!

OP
OP
The Over 40 Cyclist
Speaking of hot weather, we're just about to post a record here. The most number of days over 30 deg in February ever. Currently about 33.

My mother in law tells me it's snowing over there. We're dripping with sweat on a ride and you guys are either not riding, or riding in skiing gear. ^_^

Hello and welcome to CC, TO40C.
A few years ago I toured from Sydney to Adelaide, via Melbourne, and passed near you when I went through Warragul; it was bloody hot (38c) to get even hotter in Adelaide (43c). Great place to ride, though, esp. clockwise from Melbourne via Mornington to Sorrento, and then the Great Ocean Road! So, yeah, you're definitely in the right place: Australia.

Got home and bought myself a CAAD 10 105.

Hope you enjoy your time here on the forum!

OP
OP
The Over 40 Cyclist
Hi Dayvo, still bloody hot, hit 41 in Warragul yesterday! Yes lovely place to ride, there's not many better than the Great Ocean Road. (Shame about the cars though!)

Another CAAD 10 convert! Good to see, I'm surprised by how many of the riders in my bunch ride them now.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
G'day and :welcome: from Nottingham. You're certainly in the right place - a (generally) friendly bunch for sure.
BTW i just turned 60, but don't feel it.

(Fnaar, don't. Just don't, OK?)

OP
OP
The Over 40 Cyclist
I don't know if you guys follow Kevin McCloud and his series. I've been watching the one about his shed. The final episode, last night, he commented that it had rained every single day for the week, middle of July. It looked like the whole thing was filmed in the rain!

I strongly suspect that was one of the weeks we were on the canals!

Snorri, you get days over there when it's too hot for cycling?

OP
OP
The Over 40 Cyclist
Talking of heatwaves, it's forecast to be over 30 every single day for the next 9 days over here (after the last 3 days over 30). It's setting records, I don't know if it's climate change or not but it's hot, damned hot.

But a lovely, balmy 16 for my 6 am ride this morning. Who could ask for better? Just as long as you're off the road by the time the sun starts climbing!

Top Bottom