Am I the only one who doesn't understand twitter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I actually set up a Twitter account as Fnaar (@Fnaar_Fnaar) (some eejit had already taken the obvious name)
I intended to take my innuendo-based ramblings anonymously to the Twitterverse, but i figured I waste enough time on here as it is, without letting my enjoyment of posting anonymous humour/inanities take up more of my life :smile::okay:

Mind you, feel free to follw the Fnaar account, and I might actually start using it. My only 2 tweets on there were to #askGokWan if it was true that fat people can get served first in petrol stations (?? it must have amused me at the time) and to ask him if he'd ever considered wearing undercrackers made out of pork pies. He didn't reply, strangely.
You mean that this is just a persona and you're not like this in real life :eek:

You'll be saying next that Miss Goodbody doesn't really exist.

I had an account but it was unused for a long time. I did get regular follow requests from attractive young Russian girls with links to additional picture albums if I would care to click on the provided link. I ignored these but I can't say I am surprised as I am obviously quite a catch!
I eventually closed my account when it appeared to be the target of a coup by some internet hackers trying to reset the password and take control! The procedure to close the account is quite ludicrous as once I regained account control and requested shutdown the account has to be left idle for around a month which allows hackers time to attempt another assault (which they did). Any account activity resets the cooling off period so it eventually took me few months to achieve my aim to close the Twitter account. If I was a cynical person I would say Twitter do this on purpose to make sure they can boast about their huge user base!
I gave up trying to shut it down for the same reason. Must try again once the latest spate of hacking attempts stop

Lullabelle

Banana
A lot of people use it the same way as facebook, follow as many people as possible in the hope you will then follow them, it is a pure ego trip. Like TVC I use mine to follow comedians and bands to find out tour dates etc.. but I rarely tweet unless it is a reply to someone.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I wonder if we could get #nobbers trending?
Untitled.jpg

(no idea why it says 8.50 am, this was 2 minutes ago)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've got an account. I try to look for stuff. Nothing makes sense. I get bored and give up.
Same here.
Hashtags annoy me, the limited characters you're allowed to use annoy me too.
But I feel I should give it another, proper go, as it seems to be an important source of information.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Twitter is really useful if you want to keep up with the latest developments in a particular area. I have had really interesting conversations with some amazing people. It's also been increasingly vital - and I do mean as in a matter of life and death - to political activists in dangerous situations.

However, there is an enormous amount of triviality and more importantly, abuse, on Twitter too. I got rounded on by a few Japanese nationalists when I tweeted about their Prime Minister's links to sinister imperialist groups recently, but it's pretty easy to block small numbers of idiots. It's when you become the target of a larger number that Twitter starts to be more problematic. The banning of the notorious troll, Nero, recently was a good start in controlling the genuine abuse that goes on.

Julia9054

Guru
I recently had a problem with an online clothing retailer. I had sent back a couple of items requesting them in a different size. A month later i had not received my replacement items and spent a week emailing and leaving phone messages. I tweeted and received a response within half an hour and my items arrived 3 days later!

Top Bottom