Amazon Prime video, Android tablet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Apple owners need the extra room.
For sandwiches whilst they queue outside the Apple store?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

It's all gone bit off message since I mocked the afflicted but I presume that's because no one has fudged a tablet fix (that's not a Scottish food delicacy reference).

It's all gone bit off message since I mocked the afflicted but I presume that's because no one has fudged a tablet fix (that's not a Scottish food delicacy reference).
Nope. Used my awesome iPhone to look it up. Android tablets cannea do it.

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
Nope. Used my awesome iPhone to look it up. Android tablets cannea do it.

Erm your awesome iPhone is wrong. Amazon instant video is working fine on my samsung android tablet. To get it to work you need to install the Amazon app for phones on your tablet rather than the dedicated Amazon for tablets app

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
Having seen Colin's post, it may have been slightly more complicated than I remember but it does work OK on my tablet.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Erm your awesome iPhone is wrong. Amazon instant video is working fine on my samsung android tablet. To get it to work you need to install the Amazon app for phones on your tablet rather than the dedicated Amazon for tablets app
Done that. It just errors.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Hah! Got it to work after a reboot.

So phone app and prime app, mix with luck and a dose of crossed fingers and it works: Probably.

Shame it won't cast as well.

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
Done that. It just errors.

After Colin's reply I realised it was slightly more complicated.I think I may have done something like this-

"Figured out a work around. Install the amazon app store >install the mobile amazon app from the amazon app store > install prime instant video app from the amazon app store. That worked on my Tab Pro."

From this website. This one also has some useful info.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

After Colin's reply I realised it was slightly more complicated.I think I may have done something like this-

"Figured out a work around. Install the amazon app store >install the mobile amazon app from the amazon app store > install prime instant video app from the amazon app store. That worked on my Tab Pro."

From this website. This one also has some useful info.
Yep, that was the order I used and it works, see above.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Get one of these for it, might trick the system.

rainbow-apple-logo-ipad-1-2-3-netbook-tablet-case-cover-c8cc.jpg

wardy_uk

I've been running the Amazon phone app on various tablets (hudl 2, memo pas HD and Tab4) for a while, and it all works fine - including prime streaming.. the only hard part is working out if the app you're installing is the phone app and not the tablet app - as it doesn't say phone in the name...

clearest instructions I found were:

To get prime instant video working you need to:
1. Enable settings/security/unknown sources
2. Download and install the Amazon Appstore using these instructions http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mas/get/android/
3. Start the Appstore app, sign in, install the 'Amazon' and 'Prime instant video' apps (do not install the tablet version of the Amazon app - install the PHONE version)
4. Start the Amazon app, sign in and start watching.
---
If the Appstore says that you have already purchased the app, tap on the appstore icon at top left, select 'My Apps' from the list, locate the app you need and click the install button.
PIV works fine on Sony Xperia Tablet Z and the new Tesco Hudl2. It works on Nexus 7 (old 2012 version) but with occasional stuttering.

from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3IRFCNF3E5K2W&cdThread=Tx17EWI5W7JF1CG

Top Bottom