An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pato Donald

I'll see you at the bowl then, feel you guys have a good chance

I've sort of fallen out of love with soccer and into it with cycling tbh

But once a red always a red

Only so many hours in the day, right! As long as you don't start posting photos of yourself in a City kit, we'll be good! :tongue:

What's funny is that I've gone in the opposite direction. The last few years I've gotten into proper football more and gotten away a bit from American football. But I never miss a Steelers game and I do fantasy leagues for money so I suppose I'll never fully escape it. ^_^

All that said, I'm just getting into cycling for fitness and am looking forward to learning as much as I can about the sport. I'm a pathological sports fan so I am excited to really dig into things. Your story was really inspiring and I may be coming to you for tips in the future, so I apologize in advance for being a nuisance!

matty01

Just want to say thanks for the insparation, finding out about your story and reading your blog has helped push me to get back in the saddle after a 15 year break and an extra 5 stone around my waist. My journey in no means could compare to yours but the pain I'm feeling to regain fitness and the constant battle with food is a little easier with the thought of how you succeded. I am a frequent visitor to your blog but any good tips to keep me on the straight and narrow? Diet or training?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just want to say thanks for the insparation, finding out about your story and reading your blog has helped push me to get back in the saddle after a 15 year break and an extra 5 stone around my waist. My journey in no means could compare to yours but the pain I'm feeling to regain fitness and the constant battle with food is a little easier with the thought of how you succeded. I am a frequent visitor to your blog but any good tips to keep me on the straight and narrow? Diet or training?
Best 2 tips

1)make it part of your lifestyle (like riding to work)

2)do an activity that YOU enjoy

Good luck and I'm glad I could be of some help

Gaz

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Only so many hours in the day, right! As long as you don't start posting photos of yourself in a City kit, we'll be good! :tongue:

What's funny is that I've gone in the opposite direction. The last few years I've gotten into proper football more and gotten away a bit from American football. But I never miss a Steelers game and I do fantasy leagues for money so I suppose I'll never fully escape it. ^_^

All that said, I'm just getting into cycling for fitness and am looking forward to learning as much as I can about the sport. I'm a pathological sports fan so I am excited to really dig into things. Your story was really inspiring and I may be coming to you for tips in the future, so I apologize in advance for being a nuisance!
I'll look forward to you becoming a nuisance :biggrin:

matty01

Thanks gaz I have started cycling to work it's a very hilly 7 miles, hurts doing it but always feel amazing once I get there :-) just need to stick with it

Seryth

Just watched your video, absolutely amazing. You must be so proud that you showed those Doctors wrong! So moving. :smile:

What an inspirational video. It just goes to show that you can achieve anything when you set your mind to it. Congrats!

boybiker

Guru
I'm sure its nothing that hasn't been said before but WOW. Well done you, there's so much crap on the news rather than people doing something good! :thumbsup:

Given me the motivation to sign up/ train for my first 100km Cyclo Sportive in April!

Top Bottom