An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cat

Hi Gaz,

congratulations on what you have achieved so far :smile:

How are you getting on since your vid update was last year, wondered how your getting on this year :smile:

How you doing it through healthy eating and excercise or are you part of a club?

I lost 5 stone 3lbs starting in april 2009 and finishing in november 2009. The hardest part for me is keeping it off, these days x

Nkaj

well done mate,good to see some people are out there working hard!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
petercarson said:
Hi there, Gary is it?

I'm new to the site and just stumbles on this thread. Amazing story, and i checked out the UTube vid. Also amazing. How's it all going? I see no recent updates, but would be interested to know if you've "maintained the rage" as some like to say.

Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks very much for your comments

I have not done any videos for quite some time, however you can view my blog here:

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/

Cycled 138 miles last week so I hope I have kept the rage :evil:

How much of an inspiration have you been Gaz? Well let me tell you......I have tried all sorts to get my weight down including most of the 'fad' diets, gym and walking (running or jogging is a no-no with my joints). But it has been after watching your success that I have knuckled down and started regular commuting on my Brompton, one treadmill session at the gym per week ( any more often and it gets boring ) and regular nice long (for me) rides between Brighton and Littlehampton (and beyond). I have just had to work out a regime to fit around my work and, to be honest, I don't know why I didn't get on my bike ages ago. When I say bike, I mean bikes as I now have 4 such is my enjoyment. I have even taken to wearing cycling gear now whereas before I used to commute in my uniform which was a real pain to be honest. I get silly remarks about my appearance in bike togs from the numpty brigade at work but it's ME who feels great now.

Good luck Gaz.

Bill

Mrs Bear

Congratulations Gaz, you have done amazing well and are a real inspiration.

On your blog you have a photo of a monitor with some software that shows your speed and calories burned etc. Does it connect to your trainer and what is the software?

MB

NigC

Fantastic achievement to lose so much weight, many congratulations. Best of luck in getting down to your target ;)

I've just started out in my own (much smaller) quest to lose 4+ stone. Cycling is going to play a big part in this too - both commuting and on the exercise bike. Hopefully Dreams Come True will benefit and provide my motivation when things get tough - you've provided my inspiration :biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
TheBoyBilly said:
How much of an inspiration have you been Gaz? Well let me tell you......I have tried all sorts to get my weight down including most of the 'fad' diets, gym and walking (running or jogging is a no-no with my joints). But it has been after watching your success that I have knuckled down and started regular commuting on my Brompton, one treadmill session at the gym per week ( any more often and it gets boring ) and regular nice long (for me) rides between Brighton and Littlehampton (and beyond). I have just had to work out a regime to fit around my work and, to be honest, I don't know why I didn't get on my bike ages ago. When I say bike, I mean bikes as I now have 4 such is my enjoyment. I have even taken to wearing cycling gear now whereas before I used to commute in my uniform which was a real pain to be honest. I get silly remarks about my appearance in bike togs from the numpty brigade at work but it's ME who feels great now.

Good luck Gaz.

Bill

Hey Bill

Well done and chosing to change, I found through the years that it can be the hardest part.

People will always judge but only we know just how much better we feel now !!!!

Well done and keep on it mate

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Mrs Bear said:
Congratulations Gaz, you have done amazing well and are a real inspiration.

On your blog you have a photo of a monitor with some software that shows your speed and calories burned etc. Does it connect to your trainer and what is the software?

MB

Thanks

Its a Tacx I Magic 2010 Turbo Trainer, what you can see is TTS2.0

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
NigC said:
Fantastic achievement to lose so much weight, many congratulations. Best of luck in getting down to your target :sad:

I've just started out in my own (much smaller) quest to lose 4+ stone. Cycling is going to play a big part in this too - both commuting and on the exercise bike. Hopefully Dreams Come True will benefit and provide my motivation when things get tough - you've provided my inspiration :thumbsup:

Thanks very much, only a few stone to go now, but I know they will be the hardest ones.

I used to think getting to goal was a dream that wouldnt come true, after all my NHS goal was to LOSE 25stone !!!!!!!!! but im almost there !!!!!

and all I do is commute (ok so most days I commute 30 miles but hey lol) IT CAN happen for you too mate, good luck !!!!

NigC

gb155 said:
Thanks very much, only a few stone to go now, but I know they will be the hardest ones.

I used to think getting to goal was a dream that wouldnt come true, after all my NHS goal was to LOSE 25stone !!!!!!!!! but im almost there !!!!!

and all I do is commute (ok so most days I commute 30 miles but hey lol) IT CAN happen for you too mate, good luck !!!!

Cheers xx(

My commute is a 10.5 mile round trip, so nothing close to yours. But the extra work I'm doing on the bike at home is making a big difference.

I know I can lose weight - many times I've lost 5kgs or so but then given up and ended up putting on more :cheers: It's having the motivation to get off my arse and do it properly! Somehow my wife's motivational "speeches" don't work :ohmy: So maybe doing it for charity will do the trick.

So far I've lost 2kg in 8 days (plus another kg the week before that, but that's before I started getting sponsors). Things are moving in the right direction and not going too fast :ohmy:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
NigC said:
Cheers :biggrin:

My commute is a 10.5 mile round trip, so nothing close to yours. But the extra work I'm doing on the bike at home is making a big difference.

I know I can lose weight - many times I've lost 5kgs or so but then given up and ended up putting on more :laugh: It's having the motivation to get off my arse and do it properly! Somehow my wife's motivational "speeches" don't work :biggrin: So maybe doing it for charity will do the trick.

So far I've lost 2kg in 8 days (plus another kg the week before that, but that's before I started getting sponsors). Things are moving in the right direction and not going too fast :smile:

Mine is an 11 mile round trip, if I go the normal way LOL

You are deffo moving in the right direction, now just keep it up mate ;)

Top Bottom