Analysis of the first 9 days of the Tour de France **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
photo.php?sku=1000763.jpg

Hmmm... the pedantry is strong in this one...

Yates, Alaphilipe, Dumoulin, Barguil and a few others all look like the future, which is great.

Dan martin says he doesn't see himself as GT contender just likes to race if he's in touch at the end but I think everyone else sees him as a GT contender right now and the difference may just be a state of mind, he maybe needs to realize that or perhaps already does and is playing mind games.

I think Quintana would ride better without Valverde in the team. He still seems to look to him too often. I think he'd ride freer without him.

It's still up in the air if Cav will stay the whole tour but like everyone at Di Data, he seems to be riding without fear, I can't see him beating Sagan to green though, Sagan's just got too much.

The Polka Dot competition is looking interesting this year. I do not not want Petulant Peanut to win it but the way the year is going, he probably will, everything is upside down this year.

Looking forward to the rest.

oldroadman

Veteran
Nothing settled yet. Then it could easily still go down to the penultimate stage.
It really looks like Quintana and Froome, and will probably come down to team strength with the leaders sorting it out in ITT and the big climbs in week 3. Nothing settled until the penultimate stage is over. Nibali looks cooked, and the team strategy is not working (neither is Nibali, as a "domestique de luxe", shades of Lemond/Hinault). BMC - Porte is strong, TvG should not be joint leader, the strategy is flawed and is costing them a podium chance. Dimension are a revelation, with 4 stages bagged they have nothing to prove, although if Cav does get through to Paris then a final stage win would be deserved reward. Although I suspect he may be out by then, his speed is back with a vengeance, and he has an Olympic medal to go for, nothing to prove in TdF.
And young Mr Yates, give him two or three years and he could be a genuine potential winner. The question for him is whether he will last the three weeks without a "jour sans" - I hope he does and keeps the white jersey, marking him out as one to be watched. From a professional point of view it does not harm contract value, either,
Despite what people say about a dull strategy by Sky, it works, and will only get beaten by a team with super panache, a quality leader, and the ability to out think them, which will be a challenge. In the mountains, brutal usually wins.....

400bhp

Guru
U

User482

I keep plugging away with Pinot in my fantasy teams on the basis that he has the same name as a dog that my sister owned years ago (Thibeau). But my patience is at breaking point. Other dogs of my sister's are "Cypress" and "Missy" so I'm waiting for an appropriately named rider.
There was Missy Giove for an extremely tenuous connection.

beastie

Guru
Sagan- Can't make him out at the moment - looks good at times, awful at others - don't think he will finish the race.

Sagan went pretty well today Brommers no?

Top Bottom