Another cyclist / driver confrontation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 4480864, member: 9609"]I never knew all that info was available for all to see. Have just looked up my van and I can see how many miles I have done every year, and that I had an advisory fro corroded brake pipe on its last test (now fixed!)

I'm really surprised this info is so public.[/QUOTE]
Where's the website? I need to check my dodgy record.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There was plenty of space. Just another cyclist looking for Youtube footage.

kiriyama

If the cyclist was in a car she would have given way and waited. Should she have given way to the cyclist in the same way and treated him as a car? Probably.... but she didn't, there was loads of room for both to pass safely, some cyclists need to chill out, sharing the road needs a bit of give and take at times. This happens to me ALL the time and hasn't once phased me or caused me any inconvenience.

I don't think cyclist should need a licence but perhaps we should be all made to commute through central London for a couple of years, gives you a much thicker skin and you can appreciate how good we have it everywhere else!

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4480994, member: 9609"]some vehicles just don't appear on it though, not that they have failed its though they have never existed, my last van that I see daily does not exist ?[/QUOTE]
Has it had change of number plate, to a private reg or back from one, I've found that seems to screw it up, my kitcar doesn't show up as there is no manufacturer to choose.

I love the irony where these muppets go ballistic because they think they have been delayed for a few seconds and then delay everyone for several minutes

Then again, I suppose that paying Road Tax entitles you to hold up other road users

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm still trying to work out what the issue was & what the cyclist was complaining about, they had clearly seen him as they slowed & moved over to the side of the road. Does he expect all cars to get out of his way like the parting of the Red sea? What would he have done if it had been a tractor or a lorry, just stopped in the road until they reversed?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm not sure I want to see this idiot UK driver sex posed.

davidphilips

Veteran
just a pity both driver and cyclist where not fined maybe curtail there bad road manners and make the road a bit more pleasant for everyone, if either one of them had have been reasonable there would have been no confrontation.
what would any of us think if say our mum/wife had told us she had pulled over to give a man on a bike room only to be shouted at? on the other hand what if another cyclist told us about a mad old woman getting out of her car to start shouting abuse?
both are in the wrong the cyclist more so as he started the confrontation.

classic33

Leg End Member
Has it had change of number plate, to a private reg or back from one, I've found that seems to screw it up, my kitcar doesn't show up as there is no manufacturer to choose.
Tyres were bought for a white Citroen van, diesel.

[QUOTE 4480994, member: 9609"]https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

some vehicles just don't appear on it though, not that they have failed its though they have never existed, my last van that I see daily does not exist ?[/QUOTE]

and not entirely accurate either. My vehicle has both an MOT failure and an MOT pass on the same day. I have never had an MOT failure.

uclown2002

Guru
and not entirely accurate either. My vehicle has both an MOT failure and an MOT pass on the same day. I have never had an MOT failure.
According to that link, my car also failed then passed on the same date due to worn tyres, which they replaced.
I wasn't aware of a failure at the time so maybe something similar happened in your case

Top Bottom