another nail in the coffin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Put up a picture of gb155 instead, much more inspirational than the cheats.

I didnt know you cared
biggrin.gif

but feel free LOL

best.jpg

I didnt know you cared
biggrin.gif

but feel free LOL

best.jpg

Bloody 'ell!

No helmet, dodgy shoes, black socks and about to run into a ped with pushchair on a zebra crossing! :laugh:

monnet

Guru
Hinchcapie joins in? From the beeb

That'd be a real damning indictment if GH confirmed what Landis and Hamilton have said. The latter 2 have questionable character and motive, but big George is clean (well, publicly).

Note GH denies saying any such thing. Personally, I think it possible that someone at CBS has their wires crossed.

I don't think GH has actually outright denied it. He's said he didn't speak to 60 minutes. He said he's disappointed people are talking about the past in cycling not the future. He said he can't comment on an ongoing investigation. None of that is a denial. Of course it's not a confirmation either.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Bloody 'ell!

No helmet, dodgy shoes, black socks and about to run into a ped with pushchair on a zebra crossing! :laugh:

Arghhhhh LOL, She was walking along the path , as opposed to over the crossing, the camera man hiding in a bush at an angle makes the picture tell another story tho

asterix

Comrade Member
we all allowed one man to dominate the sport, to its detriment. The Tour de France became the Tour de Lance. It was just a moderately amusing pun at first but soon it stood for more. No man is bigger than the sport, you say? Well, Armstrong came closest of all to being just that, certainly in the eyes of people who do not follow the season from Het Nieuwsblad to Lombardy.

..seems we still are :angry:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If he drugged up so much, then why did none of the hundreds of drug tests come back positive?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Read around about masking, micro-dosing and manipulating blood levels. Then get back to us.

raindog

er.....
If he drugged up so much, then why did none of the hundreds of drug tests come back positive?
You could say the same of so many people - try Marion Jones....
"......Jones routinely denied—in almost every way possible and in almost any venue where the question arose—ever being involved with performance enhancers in any way, shape, or form. One of Jones's frequent statements in her own defense was that she had never tested positive for performance enhancing substances......."

Bicycle

Carl Lewis, Marion Jones, Flo-Jo, Indurain, Bolt....

At that level of sport I'm not sure it matters.

I love to watch the TdF and to read about it.

My assumption is that riders have almost always been dirty and my guess is that they still generally are.

Sometimes, enthusiasts seem to have 'favoured'riders whom they once met or who is the friend of the wife of a friend... and those guys are CLEAN.

Enthusiasts also seem to have betes noires who are DIRTY and cannot be otherwise.

For me, it's just an awesome spectacle and an incredible race.

It would be so if all of them were proved to be dirty.

I fear a totally clean TdF would be slightly duller if only because we'd lack some of the spectacular, Pantani-style attacks on climbs....

I hear that LA is a dreadful man to be around and I simply don't care. So is my wife's Aunt Doreen. Some people are just ghastly and that's life.

I watch cycling to be entertained and amazed, not because I like to think the riders are lovely chaps.

If one rider or another is an arrogant, drug-pumping elephant's backside... let him be so as long as the racing is good.

I say live and let live.

resal

Veteran
Now that is where I disagree that the Birnie piece is quality. It misses the point. What happened about the US postal money that went to Lance's team and then from there to the UCI? What was it - $500,000 in the official year end accounts filed for Lance's team for a payment which became an alleged 80,000 euros at the UCI? That is where the conspiracy theorists say the corruption is - the positives were kept quiet and Lance paid certain people at the top of the UCI to do so ! Now that is what needs to be verified - is that true or not ? Then with a root and branch reform at the top, the system can be cleansed.

Top Bottom