(Another) which cycle shorts question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have Funkier.........cost me £37.00 a few years ago.
I am doing 40-70 mile rides now and I need better padding.
I dont want to buy online without trying & knowing that the size is right for me.
My LBS recommends Assos but they only do bibs and I dont want bibs.
I read that Endura Pro shorts are good @ approx £60.00. There is only one local stockist to me.
Any other recommendation that I can likely buy locally.

outlash

also available in orange
What does your local shop stock?

festival

Über Member
Why don't you want bibs?
Have you ever used properly fitted bibs?
So many brands these days but Assos are excellent (wear them myself) but very pricey.
Endura are also excellent, relative to their price.
While Lusso make very good clothing maybe suffer from not being a 'sexy' continental brand.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3880063, member: 259"]Assos make very good non-bib shorts. Have a look at their factory outlet. You can return them if you do get the wrong size.[/QUOTE]
According to the Assos web site they only do one 'none-bib' type and they are classed as "beginners" summer shorts.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I like sportful, did 100 miles minimal soreness

Or gore bike wear. Evans stock both
Assos shorts here on sale, in an XL, 32-34" waist so not exactly huge!
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...gclid=CJmi8NOm0ccCFYUSwwodjtwMIQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

According to thier web site those shorts are.....................
"It is the no-bib version of FI.Uno, and incorporates the new FI.Uno insert, which is slightly thicker than the FI.13 insert. H FI.Uno is perfect for warm conditions, hot Summer days and indoor cycling. It can also be worn as a first layer, underneath Winter tights".
So probably nor what I'm needing.
I will check out the Sportful ones though I confess I have never heard of them.

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
Love Castelli cycling shorts but they tend to be quite expensive. I will have to try Assos if they are cheaper as hardly anything fits anymore after loosing 2 stones to illness. I have club bibs but cannot really feel the difference.

Top Bottom