Any good jokes ... ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Allegedly the author of a series of medical comedies (Richard Gordon) told the story of taking blood from his Consultant's wife

"Just a little prick, Madam"

She replied

"Most of his house officers are!"

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Most pointless film?
Groundhog Day 2

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Most pointless film?
Groundhog Day 2
Not a joke, but this reminds me of the story I heard - true, I believe - that when presented with the screenplay adapted from Alan Bennet's The Madness of George III, Hollywood execs insisted it be retitled The Madness of King George, saying that otherwise American punters, assuming they'd missed The Madness of George I and The Madness of George II, wouldn't go.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not a joke, but this reminds me of the story I heard - true, I believe - that when presented with the screenplay adapted from Alan Bennet's The Madness of George III, Hollywood execs insisted it be retitled The Madness of King George, saying that otherwise American punters, assuming they'd missed The Madness of George I and The Madness of George II, wouldn't go.

I genuinely wish that was true, and I hate to disappoint you: http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/george.asp

When I read that having heard the same tale a few years back I was devastated. If you need to talk, just drop me a PM and I will do my best to console you.

Top Bottom