Any good padded short recommendations for fat chaps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hatevessel

Regular
Hi, newbie here and eagerly awaiting my new bike (my first bike in 15 years). More than a little concerned by the prospect of a sore arse killing my motivation from the off, so I'd like to preempt this by getting some decent padded shorts.

However, to say I'm on the large side is an understatement. I'm a relaxed fit 42" jeans kind of guy.

I've had a look and I'm finding sizes to be inexplicable and I'd rather order online than suffer the indignity of being laughed out of a cycling shop !

I'd probably be looking at something to wear beneath another pair of shorts/trackies, at least to start off with until I sort myself out.

Wasn't sure whether to ask this in this forum or the beginners forum, so apologies if I made the wrong choice.

Thanks

OP
OP
Hatevessel

Hatevessel

Regular
Plumped for these in the end!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003V40OBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Obviously, in the more budget range but should be good enough to get me started. One of the few sellers I found that quantify S,M,L,XL,XXL etc to waist sizes, and the reviews have said they're forgiving to thunder thighs

vickster

Legendary Member
They should do the trick, but as a new rider, especially a heavier one, expect discomfort around the nether regions even when wearing padding, unfortunately everything needs to toughen up a bit and get used to a saddle. Sudocreme good for any chafing, make sure the saddle is level initially and in the correct position

Top Bottom