Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am in west wales and enjoy running. I am very slow and don't like crowds much so went from a half marathon too a 50 ultra which I enjoyed. Once I got the medal in the cupboard I then settled back too just knocking out 5-8 milers when ever I fancy it. I find running more fun when I am not following any sort of plan.
Saying that I would like too do a hundred before I leave the planet so one day will give my self a year of training and do one.
At the present time I don't want too commit too the training time needed
All my running is road

Was up til oct '10 when a cardiac issue started to make itself known.
Predominanly 5-10k runner at 22:50 and 47:28 respectively then tried a half -GNR -and did it in 1:51 so at 48 not too bad.
Unfortunately havent even able to get back into running but i am hoping to ... Eventually.

I do my local Parkrun each week, and I do the occasional 10k organised run. The farthest I've ever run recreationally is 10 miles.

My PB for Parkrun is 26.59, so I'm not fast but I'm happy enough with that.

To anyone thinking about running, either getting started or returning after a lay off I cannot recommend Parkrun enough. The guys are fantastic, there are people of all ages and abilities, and the atmosphere is terrific.

Our course record is around 16 minutes, our oldest Parkrunner is 82 years old, and we even have a guy who does it on a unicycle some weeks :thumbsup:

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Yes I was a keen runner for many years and did cross country, road races from 3 miles to 20 miles and I gues 10 milers and half marathons were my best distances. Also did the odd fell race and did a 10 mile race on Southport Beach. I also raced on the trach which was anything from 800 metres to 10k. The 800s were excruciating and the hardest of any races that I ever did. I could run for 20miles efortlesly in around 2 hours and would love to be able to get to that level of fitness again. I trained with a group of elite runners who took me up to quite a reasonable level that often meant finishing on the podium. I used to win all sorts of prizes including a bottle of whiskey on the road race circuit. I retired when I was about 35 but could try going back and seeing if I could do something like 10 miles in 1 hour. I would have to do abotu 50 miles a week traing and find a local group of runners and do some speed and hill reps and things like that. First thing I would need is a decent pair of trainers and have no idea how much a pair costs. My favourite pair of trainers was the Rebok Hexalite but they don't make them anymore. Anyway I had many great times as a runner and is a great way to keep fit and meet lots of interesting people.

I don't run, but a few of the FNRttC ers have experience. Zigzag (apart from doing 100k rides, PBP etc) has run the London Marathon in a rapid time, Wanda is a club runner, rich p...x-country stuff and thom is into the elite end of things, last known to be bashing out the miles with Vibram shoes...they are all pretty good cyclists too! :thumbsup:

ASC1951

Guru
I'm hoping to in order to start doing tri's - used to run a lot many years ago.

However, I first need to sort out a decent pair of running shoes.
Get thee over to www.sportsshoes.com in Bradford. Looks like joke JJB stuff from the outside, but has a huge range of running (and other) kit inside, and you can park right outside which is a rarity in a town centre. Anything in last year's colours etc is usually heavily discounted.

Eddie

I do my local Parkrun each week, and I do the occasional 10k organised run. The farthest I've ever run recreationally is 10 miles.

Heaton Park?

I went to that once but it was cancelled because of race for life.

I usually do 10km - 15km a couple of times per week. Do more cycling at the moment, as dry warmish weather needs to be taken advantage of. When winter hits i'll probably up it to around 100km per week.

I'm doing a half marathon at the end of the month, so will probably up my training milage a bit for that too. I've not done any specific training, but last time I did 10 miles I felt OK, so i figured that chucking in another 3 miles wouldn't be too much of s stretch.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I trained with a group of elite runners who took me up to quite a reasonable level that often meant finishing on the podium. I used to win all sorts of prizes including a bottle of whiskey on the road race circuit. I retired when I was about 35 but could try going back and seeing if I could do something like 10 miles in 1 hour.

Whch club were you in ?

I could run for 20miles efortlesly in around 2 hours and would love to be able to get to that level of fitness again.

Did you ever do the Rhayader 20 ? I've done it a couple of times - pretty much all uphill for the first 5 miles.

Oh yes, still got the Rossin ?

Top Bottom