Anybody close by offer a little help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wetdog

hi all, it's been recommended to me that I seek the advice of someone in the know about cleats. I am having a spot of bother with mine and I haven't got a clue.
I live in Warrington, thank you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Try your LBS for a fit? Assuming it's positioning leading to pain that's the issue? Do you already have decent shoes with a stiff sole that fit properly?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I do yes, carbon sole. It's to do with me and positioning of the cleat.
I never thought of going to a shop.

when i first got mine i wound the tension on the pedal right off and positioned the cleat in the centre of the adjustment area and then tried it from there and adjusted to suit

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I do yes, carbon sole. It's to do with me and positioning of the cleat.
I never thought of going to a shop.
May have been covered else where but how do you know its a cleat issue?

either way a trip to the LBS will likely remove the problem...and perhaps a few notes from your wallet. I cant go into a outward bound store, or a bike shop without buying some bit of kit

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If both of your feet point straight ahead then the cleats should be in a straight ahead direction. A lot of people don't have feet like that though so some adjustment may be necessary. You can get away with a certain amount as most cleats have "float" a bit of rotational freedom normally described in degrees, although you can buy cleats with zero degree of float if you have your set up bang on. You also need to make sure the cleat is not too far forward or too far back.
Step by step guide here:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/vide...cleats-explained-how-to-set-them-up-correctly

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Sit on a table with your legs dangling and see if they are straight or one foot or both point in or out. This will give you an indication of how your cleats should be set up.

This is the way forward to start with, my feet when dangling naturally slightly point outwards so I twist the cleats on the shoes so this angle is achieved when clipped in.

ride your bike without the shoes on for a little way, find which position your foot naturally and comfortably sits over the pedal, then try to replicate the position by adjusting the cleat on the sole of the shoe. make small adjustments til you find your ideal position.

my right foot sticks out at a slight angle for instance so I have to allow for that with the cleat.

or spend some money to get set up - it may be worth the cash ultimately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom