Anyone else feel sick after working hard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
Worked really hard today, my job involves lifting and heaving heavy objects around all day on the recycling round.

Past few months been feeling really tired and sick after completing the round. Its only Monday, I don't know how I'm going to manage the rest of the week. I'm ready for bed, its on 17.02. ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
See GP, may need blood tests. You could be aneamic or diabetic or you may have a bug that isn't shifting, but see the GP.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Same here; I've been feeling really tired these last few weeks. Took some iron tabs and they made me feel a bit better. I think people must be at a low ebb at this time of year after a long winter stuck indoors. I normally get a wek's ski holiday at half term but we didn't go this year so that won't be helping.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Hey, Folks...
All joking aside. If you're feeling like that, get to a doctor and get blood tests done! I started feeling like that a couple years ago (I also do physical work) and kept thinking, "I'll feel better, tomorrow." A guy at work advised me to get to a doctor, because he started out that way a year earlier, and found out he had Leukemia! So, when I could barely walk to the car at the end of the day, (I'd stopped cycling 3 weeks earlier) I finally went to the doctor, and found that my calcium level was so high, that I should have been dead! None of the many doctors on my case could believe it. A calcium level far lower is usually considered fatal. In addition to the fact that it will stop your heart, it was also causing my kidneys to fail. Found out it was a malfunctioning parathyroid gland. Had the culprit removed (turns out, we have FOUR of them, and only need one) and everything returned to normal.

As someone else said, Diabetes can cause such things, too, and that is a very quick and simple test to diagnose. That's actually what I thought I had when I went to the doc.

Bottom line: YOU know you're not feeling well. Find out what it is, before the autopsy!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Same thing happened to me a few years back, went to the Doc and I was verging on diabetic, changed my eating habits and reduced the sugar in my diet and my blood sugar levels have returned to normal now. so nip it in the bud early and you may be lucky.

ChrisKH

Guru
Anaemia; you will be dragging yourself around, and feel constantly tired, but it's not normally associated with feeling sick as well. Doctors, as everyone else says.

tyred

Legendary Member
Are you stressed out about something? Never underestimate how badly it can make you feel. I had an episode about a year ago where my manager was trying to sack me to cover his own incompetence. Even after it was all sorted and he got sacked, I couldn't eat or sleep properly and felt terrible. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong apart from slightly raised blood pressure and told me a holiday and some relaxation would be of more benefit to me than any drugs he could give me. He was right.

Night Train said:
See GP, may need blood tests. You could be aneamic or diabetic or you may have a bug that isn't shifting, but see the GP.

Ditto

I put up with that and increasing depression for a year before I went to the GP. Blood tests showed an under-active thyroid. Get it checked out.

got-to-get-fit

When i left school my first job was humping 25kg bags of soap poder all day in a chemical factory. I used to regularly get the shakes and feel faint through the sheer effort. i was a 10 stone weekling used to playing on my spectrum and chasing girls then im thrust into this manual handling job and expected to perform like an irish navvy. Anyway i used to have to go and sit down and drink coke and eat chocolate until i recovered .....i think it was the equivelant of 'the bonk'.
I did have tests for diabeties but it was all clear.

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Thanks everyone, have got an appointment with the nurse on Monday, will ask her what she thinks.

I've been doing the job for a year, so would think I'd be able to have a life outside of work and be able to do other things. You would think I'd be used to it by now.

I get plenty of sleep, go to bed 9pm ish wake 6.30am.

Top Bottom