Anyone got a saddle to lend me to try out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
So i am back riding after 2 and a bit years gap. Rather than the expensive trialling of saddle anyone got a spare tend could lend me to try for a day or two. Ive got 20+ mile commute each way which will give me a quick indication (i think).

Prefer pickup - London but if not hapoy to discuss

Im not sure if the CC saddle library still exists [edit: just checked it does not]

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
@musa I've got a men's saddle you could try. A prologo something or other I think. Where in London are you? I could leave it with the nice chaps at pearsons if that works for them and you?

Or I'll be at London Bridge around 9 on Thursday

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
@musa I've got a men's saddle you could try. A prologo something or other I think. Where in London are you? I could leave it with the nice chaps at pearsons if that works for them and you?

Or I'll be at London Bridge around 9 on Thursday
Pm sent

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
What type of bike do you have?

As for saddles a Charge Pan is a very good, but cheap saddle. Better than the Spoon in my opinion.

Tom B

Guru
What type of bike do you have?

As for saddles a Charge Pan is a very good, but cheap saddle. Better than the Spoon in my opinion.

Spoon IMHO.

I have a couple of no brand things that you could have. I'm even happy to post them - just make a donation to a charity of your choice.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Spoon IMHO.

I have a couple of no brand things that you could have. I'm even happy to post them - just make a donation to a charity of your choice.

I have both the Spoon and the Pan. The Spoon has been relegated to the ceiling of my man cave.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Spoon IMHO.

Yeah thatll be great. Pm'd you

vickster

Legendary Member
What did you use before that worked? Unless you've had your sit bones remodelled (like j lo ??)

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
I was using a fizik arione. Cant remember my sitbones measurement. I ought to get that done again soon.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've got a standard Boardman saddle (surprisingly good), a standard Planet-X (not quite as comfortable for me), a Brooks B17 (I simply don't have a Brooks butt) and a charge spoon (lots of people get on with them) that I'm not using since developing prostate issues. You're welcome to try them out and if you like any of them you can name me a price. I'm not on your route into work, I'd imagine, but I can get into somewhere fairly central one day next week if you want to try any of them.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
I've got a standard Boardman saddle (surprisingly good), a standard Planet-X (not quite as comfortable for me), a Brooks B17 (I simply don't have a Brooks butt) and a charge spoon (lots of people get on with them) that I'm not using since developing prostate issues. You're welcome to try them out and if you like any of them you can name me a price. I'm not on your route into work, I'd imagine, but I can get into somewhere fairly central one day next week if you want to try any of them.
My commute is from.purleybway cr0 to edmonton green n9. I will drop you a PM

Top Bottom