Anyone got an inflatable Canoe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dont be a peasant

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
A friend of mine has one...but although he enjoys it, it apparently has a tendency to fold up at inappropriate moments! I'm pretty sure he takes it out to sea as well as lakes etc.

I suspect it was a cheap one...

OP
OP
C

Crackle

User76 said:
I have a Sevylor Panama 330. Bloody great bit of kit. I picked it up, as new, for £100. We have been out quite a lot on it, including a week of sea-kayaking when we went on holiday in Cornwall. I was very dubious when I went to look at it, expecting a 'nylon/plastic thing, but it isn't at all. They are polyprop tubes, all encased in a thickish cordura type material, it is very strong and 'keeps it shape'. It had me and my mate in for a 2 hour paddle, and with a couple of fishing rods and a disposable bbq etc thrown in the load was over 200kgs!!

I was really surprised, it also 'tracks' really well, because it has ribs underneath to hold the line. Also on the beach were some cheap inflatable kayaks, they were really crap, and I had a few people asking where I had got mine, as theirs were wobbly, sinky and generally rubbish.

It all folds down to a bag about 3' high and a diameter of about 2'. The floor, either side and seat all inflate seperately. Oh, and we are off to the Wye Valley in a couple of weeks:thumbsup:

Yeah, I was looking at Sevylor, Sea Eagle and Stearns. You got yours for a good price Maggot. I could do with finding a bargain as I think we'll need two to get us all out together, plus dog.

Baggy said:
A friend of mine has one...but although he enjoys it, it apparently has a tendency to fold up at inappropriate moments! I'm pretty sure he takes it out to sea as well as lakes etc.

I suspect it was a cheap one...

Gulp! I deffo don't want one that turns into a sandwich.

Top Bottom