Anyone have a cheap road bike for sale?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cah1234

Hi All,

I am looking at getting into road biking, well triathlon to be honest. I am looking for a cheap second hand road bike to get me started. If anyone has anything available for under £100 and within a reasonable distance to Camberley i'd be very interested.

Thanks

goody

Veteran
I'm just about to pu a Giant Defy up in the for sale section it's as new and bit over your budget though, Spending less than £100 might mean you have to spend a bit on it to get it roadworthy. What size do you need.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hi All,

I am looking at getting into road biking, well triathlon to be honest. I am looking for a cheap second hand road bike to get me started. If anyone has anything available for under £100 and within a reasonable distance to Camberley i'd be very interested.

Thanks
At that price point try Gumtree, lots of quite a bit older bikes, with commensurate brakes, downtube shifters etc or low end brands e.g. Viking out there but they're not going to be particularly suited for a competitive environment.

How much research have you done on bike tech, Tri clubs near you etc to decide a sub £100 bike will give you a fair chance to assess your ability and enjoyment of the discipline?

Not to decry it at all, I've seen people do road Tri's on mountain bikes, but not near the front.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
OP
OP
C

cah1234

I'm just about to pu a Giant Defy up in the for sale section it's as new and bit over your budget though, Spending less than £100 might mean you have to spend a bit on it to get it roadworthy. What size do you need.
Hi, id need a medium sized bike.

OP
OP
C

cah1234

Top Bottom