Anyone watching 'The Missing'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
No, completely different stories.
Ah good oh. Thanks. Can't get Series 1 on iPlayer but Series 2 is there :okay:

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4582092, member: 45"]Can't cope with Keely Hawes and her appalling acting.[/QUOTE]
She's a very good actress. Her hair-do in this however brought shame and ridicule on our whole nation which made my heart bleed.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The plot got a bit sill/far-fetched at times... e.g. JB 'just happened' to be looking at that pic on his phone as that waiter' happened to glance over his shoulder. But I mostly enjoyed it nonetheless.
Keeley Hawes can come round to mine for tea anytime. :wub:

Broadside

Guru
I thought both series were brilliant. We missed series 2 starting, just didn't realise it was on so ended up watching the whole lot over 4 nights. It's great TV drama and tends to stir up just the right amount of emotion.

Baptiste is a great old dude and gives the younger cops a real run for their money. That Army red cap was seriously inept.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well, it was billed as a tense thriller, not something that would make people guffaw at its silliness. People go to see Disney animations knowing they aren't going to get 'real life', but it's not too much to expect a drama like this to at least be plausible. So much of this just wasn't.

well you say that, but after the girls in the basement in Germany ...are you sure? Things do happen and weird or plausible events are not out of the question..

Levo-Lon

Guru
That's not what I was referring to. The plotting was poor in its attention to detail in, for example, how basic forensics and dna tests work. There were clumsy shifts from, for instance, the phone call from the soldier asking 'for help' and the almost instant presence of loads of fully armed ?riot police in exactly the right area of forest. The plot hung on things like the bad guy leaving his camper van which he used in the abductions near his hideout - why would he? It was full of holes, and it was a shame, because it started out so well, but became laughable as the denoument loomed.

yes...i see where your coming from..a bit wtf in places..the back and forth did confuse things...but not a bad few hrs viewing ,all things considdered..

Top Bottom