Anzac's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My Daughter is Australian , she is travelling around Europe with her friend , they took time , and a slight risk to go to Gallipoli , to Honour the memories of the ANZAC Service Men who fell there , Well done Girls ,

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Anzac's what?

#Misplaced appostrophes

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On a serious note, it must have been utter hell for them, and then they were all sent to the western front after that.... Utterly mind boggling to the modern reader!!

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Much respect to visiting this place. I have a lot of family connections with WW1 and WW2 and I do my utmost to pass this onto my children so they understand the sacrifices made on all sides.

Have they left the trenches intact / recreated them? Looks like it from the picture. I grew up in South Africa and did a history project about the battle of Delville Wood, so went to see that when we were in France. There, they've let the wood regrow, despite photos which show not one tree remaining from the bombardment. Nice and peaceful and so hard to believe the history.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Shouldn't have to 'Get the hang of it' due to the subject nature, pathetic willie waving can be used on more appropriate posts.

I wasn't, we all know the tragic history and I did add my own bit after that.
Honestly, why do we all have to be so reverential that nothing else is allowed to be said? It is a public forum, get used to it.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
FWIW, I may never have been to Gallipoli, but I have visited the Somme and various places in Belgium a few years ago. A tragic and incomprehensible waste of life and I can't imagine what it must have been like but, ironically, life does go on and none of them were any sort of Saint.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I wasn't, we all know the tragic history and I did add my own bit after that.
Honestly, why do we all have to be so reverential that nothing else is allowed to be said? It is a public forum, get used to it.

Oh - so this is a 'sacred' subject, eh?

:rolleyes:
No not a sacred subject just a sensitive one, but taking the piss out of somebody just because they got an apostrophe in the wrong place just to prove your dick is bigger, yes it is a public forum & there are standards & I'm advising you that I believe your comments fall way short of that standard, so if anybody has to 'get over it' I suggest you do.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
No not a sacred subject just a sensitive one, but taking the piss out of somebody just because they got an apostrophe in the wrong place just to prove your dick is bigger, yes it is a public forum & there are standards & I'm advising you that I believe your comments fall way short of that standard, so if anybody has to 'get over it' I suggest you do.

I appreciate it is sensitive, but.....

Where did I say anything about my dick? It was more just a joke and the OP 'liked' the post too, so are you getting offended on their behalf?

Oh and

'You are advising me?'

Stop trying to be the thread police and calm down, you don't somehow have the moral authority in this thread, the OP 'liked' my post, so may I suggest it is you who needs to 'get over it', seriously :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

So it's acceptable to joke about the Australian & New Zealand soldiers who gave their life so you have the freedom to lecture me? It was inappropriate & totally unrequired on this type of post.

Top Bottom