Are you clean shaven, beard or stubble ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Beards have taken over, the Millennials all seem to be sporting one.

It's sad though. A 'tache says so much about a man. BITD a quick glance and a man's tache and you knew straight away from the style he was a...

Bassist.

Spiv.

Lothario.

Fascist dictator.

Terry Thomas.

Fighter pilot.

Squaddie.

Movie bad guy (the goatee has taken that place now)

70's DJ.

Preferred the company of men and enjoyed leather Y fronts.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Despite the replies so far, nowhere in the original post does it limit shaving to:
A) gentlemen.
B) facial hair.

the other advantage of using a DE razor, is that the ladies in the house will generally shy away from using it to trim their legs, bits and pits, whereas a cartridge razor is seen as fair game.

It's sad though. A 'tache says so much about a man. BITD a quick glance and a man's tache and you knew straight away from the style he was a...

Bassist.

Spiv.

Lothario.

Fascist dictator.

Terry Thomas.

Fighter pilot.

Squaddie.

Movie bad guy (the goatee has taken that place now)

70's DJ.

Preferred the company of men and enjoyed leather Y fronts.

And certain combinations of the above

the other advantage of using a DE razor, is that the ladies in the house will generally shy away from using it to trim their legs, bits and pits, whereas a cartridge razor is seen as fair game.

My wife has her own razor - you can tell it is a woman's razor because it is pink

never seems to get wet for some reason - but I am sure she never uses mine :whistle:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
On another note
those who wet shave - what lubricant do you use (stop sniggering at the back - you know what I mean!!!)
I sometimes just use a bar of soap but normally use shave gel
I find that one can of gel last for months if I use the absolute minimum every time
(unlike the adverts where they seem to use half a can to shave one hair!!!)
Arko shaving soap. It has a lovely smell. Reminds me of my grandad as he used it too.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Arko shaving soap. It has a lovely smell. Reminds me of my grandad as he used it too.

There are probably more soaps out there than you can use in lifetime, given how long a block lasts - I also have some of this stuff which is almonds on steroids. Its more of a cream than a soap so you don't need much water on the brush to lather up with it.

1716286650301.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Clean shaven. Converted to a Braun electric shaver about 2 years ago after a lifetime of wet shaving.

I used to have a cut throat razor that I found in the street near Stockwell tube station in the 80s. I may even still have it somewhere. Never tried shaving with it.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Clean shaven. Converted to a Braun electric shaver about 2 years ago after a lifetime of wet shaving.

I used to have a cut throat razor that I found in the street near Stockwell tube station in the 80s. I may even still have it somewhere. Never tried shaving with it.

My son migrated into proper DE wet shaving after starting off with a cartridge razor. He then at uni bought himself a cut throat and taught himself to shave with that! I haven't tried it.

Top Bottom