Are you sci-fi savvey ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
15/15, but I had to use the Tardis 20 times before I got them all.

Good quiz

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Well its not reality ^_^
Exactly. Many SciFi ideas have subsequently become reality, so my original point is still valid.

U

User6179

Exactly. Many SciFi ideas have subsequently become reality, so my original point is still valid.

Science Fiction covers everything that's not scientifically possible such as Groundhog day but most folk associate it with Star wars and the like .

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Science Fiction covers everything that's not scientifically possible such as Groundhog day but most folk associate it with Star wars and the like .
I don't agree with that. SciFi deals with futuristic but not necessarily scientifically impossible ideas. See the following references for typical definitions of SciFi:
When I say "fantasy fiction" I shall mean "imaginary-and-not-possible" in the world as we know it; conversely all fiction which I regard as "imaginary-but-possible" I shall refer to as "realistic fiction," i.e., imaginary but could be real so far as we know the real universe.
Science fiction is in the latter class. It is not fantasy.

U

User6179

I don't agree with that. SciFi deals with futuristic but not necessarily scientifically impossible ideas. See the following references for typical definitions of SciFi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_loop

U

User6179

The plot to Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow and Source Code are all very similar , all Sci-Fi .

Top Bottom