ARRRRGHHHHH..... The stress begins....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just rung an estate agent to put our house on the market......

I think my blood pressure has already increased......

Strange just one extra bedroom will cost us aprox 25K more... if you add a garage and a downstairs loo more like 40K......

We did try the market 4 years ago but nothing happened... This time we've done the maths better and it will stay on until its sold (maximum 1 year though)......

Can I repeat myself?..... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!:wacko:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Good luck mate. My divorce was nowhere near as stressful as moving house!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm never moving house again! It was a truly horrible experience from start to finish, the actual day of the move being by far the worst day.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I think selling on line is the way forward ..
I wouldn t give the t##ts the pleasure

One of our town's estate is a school mate.... so don't mind giving him the business.... but no mates rates:sad:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I have just rung an estate agent to put our house on the market......

I think my blood pressure has already increased......

Strange just one extra bedroom will cost us aprox 25K more... if you add a garage and a downstairs loo more like 40K......

We did try the market 4 years ago but nothing happened... This time we've done the maths better and it will stay on until its sold (maximum 1 year though)......

Can I repeat myself?..... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!:wacko:
Every property...EVERY...will.sell if the price is right.

If your house failed to.sell 4 years ago it was because you were asking the wrong price.

If it takes a year this time, then you are still asking the wrong price.

Personally I always make agents earn their money. Never negotiate on their fee but instead.offer to increase it of they sell the house at the asking price, with a cash bonus of £500 to the negotiator who finds the buyers and...importantly...only sign a limited 4 week sole agency with a board...you MUST have a board, there is literally no reason on earth not to have one...other than pride.

Forget about how.much that lot costs you, it'll dwarf in comparison to the amount the government will tax you for the pleasure and also.be meaningless once you have a complete chain and can negotiate on your purchase.

think of the goal...not the process.

I promise you, if you follow my advice your home will be pushed to every single applicant whocalls, walks in or even so much as looks in the window of the agents.

So many people don't help themselves to sell their homes.

Oh and I would avoid self- sell online agencies. I would not want to do the viewings.myself, nor would I like having unknown people wander around my house, agents will have the details of all viewers and probably know them pretty well....if they are serious.

No property I.have ever sold...even in the depths of a recession, has taken longer than 3 months to sell.

Good.luck...oh and Ps, one extra bedroom in my neck.of the.woods is nearer £100k. So consider yourself.on a winner already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom