Auction: Raleigh Carbon Aero Fork, 700c, red / black / white

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Some of you know the history of my Raleigh Airlite 100; a great starter bike marred by a poor fork. Mine was replaced under warranty - this is the carbon replacement from a U6 model.

The bike frame had a damaged rear stay from being blown over in Leeds (Google "Bridgewater Place and wind").

I can't find a Raleigh Airlite frame so this is onto eBay as part of a clearout. Start price £40.

$_57.JPG

Collection from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire or will post.

crazyjoe101

I'm not holding my breath - but is there clearance for 25c tyres and a mudguard?

crazyjoe101

My fork has no more room with a raceblade fitted over 23s. Sorry to go a little bit off topic, but do 25s give you any trouble with the raceblades? Mine have been rubbed away quite a lot just by swaying against the 23s over rough stuff (even with duct tape on the back of the guard to keep the bracket steady).

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I use 23's mainly with Raceblades but have had 25's with them. I take time to get them running smoothly however.

Also my Raleigh Team runs 28mm tyres under Raceblade Longs without any difficulty. These appear to be just that little bit wider.

Top Bottom