Audi trying to reduce doorings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Roll on the carless driver ....
FTFY.

Roll on Peak Oil, and leave the shale alone.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think if we look around there are plenty of clips of cyclist riding into parked cars with nobody in them, so it seems some riders can sort of door themselves.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a bit like the sensors on some of the newer big cars on the mirrors that let you know that there is a car in the lane next to you - what's wrong with turning your head to check ??? Some idiot will blame the car for a crash.

My wife has an old school friend that posted on facebook that she had to do a driver awareness course for speeding. Doing 70 in a 50 and blamed it on the satnav as that said 70. No, what's wrong with looking at bloody road signs. Satnavs are usually a good year out of date before any road changes get updated. Time cars went back to basics.

You can also see rear end crashes being blamed on the electronics not stopping the car just because the driver doesn't look. It's like SMIDSY is somehow an excuse. Thats the first thing the driver said to me. My response whilst a nurse had my head held was, what with bright red clothing and those lights...

All this tech is making folk think they don't need to do the basics, like looking twice.

sidevalve

Über Member
How about we all stop bleating on about somebody else having to look after us, ride like we have a full set of marbles and don't trust technology that may or may not work - at the end of the day YOU look after YOU trust nothing and no-one and you'll live longer and ride longer
Will it sense a cyclist coming downhill at 30mph (not me ^_^), by the time you listen to the alarm the cyclist could be ... at the door!
Who cares ? If you make a habit of zooming down a hill so close to parked cars then you need more than technology to keep you alive
Just a thought - if you're so close and can't stop who's doing the 'close passing' now ? Not the big bad car driver.

machew

Veteran
A shame that the correct method of opening a car door from the inside (by using ones left hand so your torso & head automatically rotate for a proper view) is not taught by parents and not mentioned in the Highway Code.
This is in the driving test in some States and Oz (however you need to use your right hand as they drive on the wrong side of the road)

Top Bottom