Aviva Women's Tour **Spoiler alert**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
They're announcing the team riders tomorrow, apparently
Usual thing, each team signs on the riders the day before, the list of engagements will be out later. Sign on for teams is usually in the afternoon before stage one. Then the organisation publish it, although they may have a good idea of who is coming, until the licences are presented to the commissaires anything can change.

Ian193

Über Member
Going to Clacton tomorrow ready for the finish on Thursday taking our bikes and going for a spin both days looking forward to seeing the finishing sprint

U

User169

Lizzie Armistead wins today, but crashed just after the line. Looks like it could have been nasty.

simo105

Tried to freeze a shot looks like she veered of course when celebrating and hit someone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-34-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-15-34-10.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 49

simo105

Why is there someone standing there? How stupid!
I hope she is ok
If you watch the footage further on theres another guy about 2m further standing the wrong side of the barrier!

It's the usual press huddle isn't it. I always thought it was a bit dangerous them being there to get the finish line shot.

Buddfox

Veteran
I think the person she hit was the race organiser who was standing there to prevent the encroachment of photographers. Why even he was there is beyond me, but it's clear Armitstead veers unexpectedly to the left. I hope she is OK.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I gather Lizzie Armitstead had a very nasty fall just over the finishing line today. Whether it was her victory celebrations or just photographers in her way - or both - I don't know but it appears that she was taken to hospital in a neck brace.:sad:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Radio says she was discharged from hospital half an hour ago. No news yet on injuries.

The photographers are stating that they were being kept in position by the race director and that she lost control of the bike, veering left.

Fingers crossed :sad:

Top Bottom