Back in the saddle - Cube Attain SL 2016 vs Giant Defy 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste pt1

hi guys not been here for a few months but getting back on the saddle very soon
now looking at getting a cube attain sl 2016
£1000 on ctw scheme still seems a giant defy 1 is the closest rival

vickster

Legendary Member
If you like the Cube and its the right bike for you, buy it. Don't forget to check whether it can take guards, pannier rack etc which you might need for the commute

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

been to have a look at the attain sl brand new bike out for 2016 yet there are none in the country

gmw492

Veteran
ah i just posted similar,yes I am looking at the Attain too as i miss my agree gtc pro,but torn between that and a ribble bike build,

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
hi guys not been here for a few months but getting back on the saddle very soon
now looking at getting a cube attain sl 2016
£1000 on ctw scheme still seems a giant defy 1 is the closest rival

@Ste pt1

Managed to try a 53cm Attain Race today - not the exact model in the range that I want but I just wanted to check out the sizing and I have to say it felt pretty much spot on and virtually the same as my current bike.

I'm 5' 8.5" and the 56cm felt like a big bike to me although Cubes are supposed to come up small?

The Race was a 2016 model so they are starting to hit the shops.

Last edited:

gmw492

Veteran
@Ste pt1

Managed to try a 53cm Attain Race today - not the exact model in the range that I want but I just wanted to check out the sizing and I have to say it felt pretty much spot on and virtually the same as my current bike.

I'm 5' 8.5" and the 56cm felt like a big bike to me although Cubes are supposed to come up small?

The Race was a 2016 model so they are starting to hit the shops.
I am similar height and had a 56 cube agree gtc pro,they did seem smaller sizing but I think I may of been better with a 54 ,they do 56 or 53 now ,so unsure myself till they come into the LBS

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have a Giant 1 (carbon) and rate it. However..........I got it with 40% off. Pound for pound I think the Cube takes some beating.

Top Bottom