Back online at last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rebelpeter

After a fair while getting reconnected to BT im at last back on line, i use the slime filled self sealng inner tubes but there don,t seem to be much said about them on here, i think surely they are worth using if they seal the odd puncture but no one seems to use them, am i missing something about them maybe no good donno, im no biing expert so maybe one of u experienced guys can tell me more about them, i have never had a puncture with them in buy maybe im just lucky not to have....

Last edited by a moderator:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Too heavy for my liking, get a decent tyre and check it weekly for foreign objects and keep it pumped to the max and you will be fine

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've used slime in the past. Does the job on less protected tyres or ones that are nearing the end of their life and wearing down a bit. Downside as said is that they add a little weight (not that bad in realty)

...and the issue of pumping tyres is interesting - you have to let the slime settle and out of the valve for a bit or it can gunk up the valve or the pump connector. I tended to take the pump off and jet the air through it to make sure it was clear after.

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

Too heavy for my liking, get a decent tyre and check it weekly for foreign objects and keep it pumped to the max and you will be fine

Yes i got some new puncture resitant tyres they were £30 each so should be decent but the slime filled tubes should help too surely, as for weight well cant make that differenve does it i mean if i weighed a few pounds heavier surely a pair of slime filled tubes would not weigh that much i weigh 9 stone if i weighed 9.5 stone would tubes make that much difference really, compared to me extra half stone....

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

I've used slime in the past. Does the job on less protected tyres or ones that are nearing the end of their life and wearing down a bit. Downside as said is that they add a little weight (not that bad in realty)

But surely they would still help on good tryes as an extra safeguard too punctures, i mean good tyres plus slime filled tubes must be double protection. Do u think....

...and the issue of pumping tyres is interesting - you have to let the slime settle and out of the valve for a bit or it can gunk up the valve or the pump connector. I tended to take the pump off and jet the air through it to make sure it was clear after.

Yes i do this too.

Top Bottom