back up power supply

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For my own reasons I have it in my mind to do an unsupported 16 + hour ride sometime between May and September, lights are no problem but the Edge 200 will not last that long has any one any experience with an external battery or power pack for the edge 200 preferably for £20 or under. Distance memory tells me that this may have already been discussed.

Kies

No reason why it won't charge from the many power packs on the market. That is all i have to say :-)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
On a 250km ride back in January, at the halfway point while having lunch, I connected a charged Powermonkey Explorer to my Edge 800. There was no need to turn the Garmin off, either. Leaving the charger connected while I had lunch was enough to see the Garmin all the way home with charge to spare, and my total elapsed time was around 15 hours.

On a 250km ride back in January, at the halfway point while having lunch, I connected a charged Powermonkey Explorer to my Edge 800. There was no need to turn the Garmin off, either. Leaving the charger connected while I had lunch was enough to see the Garmin all the way home with charge to spare, and my total elapsed time was around 15 hours.

The "official" Garmin battery extender is a re-badged Power Monkey with a dedicated mini USB socket instead of the adaptor style on the standard Power Monkey

TeeQue

There's a lot of similar talk on some of the more audax focussed forums and I know there's guys on there completing 600km rides using a garmin and battery pack so 16 hours won't be a problem.

albion

Guru
You can have my powermonkey for a tenner.
It is near 100% unused but its the barrel shaped one outputting 500mah.

If interested I'm sure we could meet up mid ride. I need to find the thing, test and report that it is full capacity etc which I'm sure it is.

My plan at the moment is to travel down to Silecroft or Millom on the train and then ride back up the coast to Carlisle and as I am a slow rider and intend to use it as a photography as well as an endurance event I can not see me doing the 100+ miles in under 16 hours of which at least five will be in the dark, probably from Maryport to Carlisle. Well that's the plan.

Top Bottom