Bad bikes.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Name some bad bikes and why they are bad. Maybe you have had bad experience with a particular bike or you have come across a bike that has terrible parts. This should help others know what to avoid when making their next purchase.
Im looking for feedback on bikes not associated with Halfords and are being sold brand new for about £450 or above. Might as well rule out bikes that are bad simply because they are BSOs or just cheap crap.

vickster

Legendary Member
Specialized Sirrus, as dull as dishwater to ride, the gears were never smooth and they are as common as muck and that was an elite with a £600 rrp

(IMO)

I had a ribble aluminium winter frame and fork. Built it up with 105 parts and hated it. I did 15 miles and took everything off it and sold it. It was unresponsive and bland. The parts are now earmarked to go on a bike for commuting. All I need is a frame.

david k

Hi
I had an old Raleigh mountain bike which I thought was ace until I realised it was rubbish when I got my first decent bike

It is subjective but that's the fun part of the thread IMO many threads on good bikes for the money, anyone had what they to beleive an average or poor bike for the money?

Cyclist33

Daft thread if point is as stated by op. One bike will work for others but not for some as is self evident, lots of bikes change design of specific models and general concepts year on year so opinions hardly valid evidence, and individual faults on a bike need dealing with individually not by blanket rejection of all examples of a type.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Daft thread if point is as stated by op. One bike will work for others but not for some as is self evident, lots of bikes change design of specific models and general concepts year on year so opinions hardly valid evidence, and individual faults on a bike need dealing with individually not by blanket rejection of all examples of a type.
Quite. Boardman have been ruled out already but those in my club and indeed me, who own one - love them.

Ribble: I also own a Ribble 7005 and for it's purpose (a winter bike) it's fantastic. Although I only bought the frame/fork and built it myself.

Top Bottom