Bad Blood by Jeremy Whittle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm stuck in Lagos reading this - asked to have it for my birthday because it looked as if it would take the lid off the Tour and European cycling but disappointingly it turns out to be nothing more than a series of anecdotes and probably re-hashed newspaper articles the bloke wrote, explaining why he fell out with Lance and how a clean British team can't hack it in Europe if they don't dope. I'm finding it hard going, to be honest.

Anybody else read it?

No, and you're doing a good job of not promoting it here as a book raffle! :becool:

It's pretty good. No surprise if he leans heavily on his experience as a journalist, is he supposed to pretend that he wasn't one? My main criticism is that it leans rather heavily on David Walsh's work. I think it's in circulation with the CC Floating Library. Anyone know who's got it at the moment?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've got a copy if anyone wants it. I thought it was a bit too derivative although I knew it wasn't going to be revelatory. I think I've read enough cycling books of that ilk until some new dirt is dished.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I read it a while back and thought that it was interesting enough, but not special. I agree the title was misleading - I was looking forward to a full-on 'History of Doping'.

Top Bottom