Bad manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I so frequently come up against rude and bad mannered individuals that frankly, it makes me want to become a recluse and live on a deserted island.
Wouldn't be so bad, but these people make me so cross that I then feel really grumpy for a while - which is not good.
Just been in a fracas with a queue jumper in a shop, should I have just let her?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I let a pushy old barging sour-faced trout in this morning in a queue, wasn't you was it?

I met my elder daughter for lunch yesterday and she was telling me some stories about how rude people are to her at work - she is at Uni and works at McDonalds to earn some money. I was stunned at just how rude people were.

She reported that she frequently tells people she is not serving them due to their rudeness and appalling attitude. She most usually asks a colleague to serve them and informs the customer the reason why. She has on occasion asked people to leave. Initially this did not find favour with the management but they are now 100% behind this approach.

U

User33236

Mrs SG makes me cringe at times the way she passes comnents to rude individuals. Mind you I find myself getting as bad lol.

U

User33236

I met my elder daughter for lunch yesterday and she was telling me some stories about how rude people are to her at work - she is at Uni and works at McDonalds to earn some money. I was stunned at just how rude people were.

She reported that she frequently tells people she is not serving them due to their rudeness and appalling attitude. She most usually asks a colleague to serve them and informs the customer the reason why. She has on occasion asked people to leave. Initially this did not find favour with the management but they are now 100% behind this approach.

Good on management. There is no reason that people in these positions should have to put up with rudeness, unless of course they have somehow initiated it.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Mrs SG makes me cringe at times the way she passes comnents to rude individuals. Mind you I find myself getting as bad lol.
Yes, I am terrible. As an example if I hold a door open for someone and they breeze through without acknowledging the fact I will say "you're welcome" very loudly.
Usually if you challenge rude people they look a bit embarrassed, but this afternoons queue jumper created quite a scene, so it looks like I picked on the wrong rude person on this occasion.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru

I'm astounded by the rudeness of the public at large in the hospital I work in.
Seems to be the way of the world unfortunately.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Last year I was in a long queue to get into a venue with and limited unreserved seating that extended twenty metres behind me before doubling back for another fifty metres when a middle aged bloke unashamedly sidled up and pushed into the queue directly behind me. The young couple that that he pushed in front of made some pointed remarks directed at him which he ignored. He confirmed that he could speak and understand English when I asked him if he understood why they were upset with him. He declined to move when I asked him to so I turned to the return leg of the queue and loudly proclaimed that there was a very selfish man standing behind me that thought that it was perfectly OK to push in front of them while pointing at him to make his presence known to them all. He briefly stood his ground until he could no longer cope with the stares and increasing number of uncomplimentary comments and shuffled away to take his place at the back of the queue accompanied by a slow hand clap. The ultimate walk of shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom