Banksy Arrested!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At least I learned something...

A link to "Fappy the anti-masturbation dolphin" came up with this:

10365891_336806133168060_7162979083365642635_n.png

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So it's a decision by society, and not a decision of the beholder, or even the property owner? When did that come about?

Regardless of whether it is art or vandalism the property owner can choose to paint over it, modify it or whatever. The point I was making (as you well know) is that whether something is art or vandalism is not a matter of law, it is a matter of perception. Feels like society's perception of what Banksy does is "art", not vandalism as you would have it. Try to think about it outside the strictures of the law.

Drago

Legendary Member
You might not like it, but in the case of a guerrilla artist slapping his work on people's property without their permission, is very much a matter of law. Ignoring it or choosing not to like it won't make the law go away.

winjim

Smash the cistern
To my mind, the paint splatter seems to be someone asking, "why is it OK for Banksy to draw on walls, but not for me to?"
I consider it a better piece of art than the original.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You might not like it, but in the case of a guerrilla artist slapping his work on people's property without their permission, is very much a matter of law. Ignoring it or choosing not to like it won't make the law go away.

I can just imagine you in Medieval Florence...."Oi, Da Vinci, you can't paint Mona Lisa on that wall you vandal"

Top Bottom