Basic GPS head unit/tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
My almost five year old son loves riding his bike, and loves maps. When we return from a ride my wife or I will show him the map of the ride we just did together on Strava, but he wants to have his own and do it himself!

Does anyone have a very basic/entry level GPS head unit that he could use to record his rides for himself? Needs to be cheap and cheerful - I will probably mount it under the stem rather than on it so he isn't distracted by it, so any features beyond literally tracking a ride for upload to Strava will be wasted :smile:

SGG on a bike

I've been using one of these for a year or two now. Pretty reliable and good battery life. Compatiblw with Garmin mounts and will upload straight to Strava. Amazon Link

netman

Veteran
My almost five year old son loves riding his bike, and loves maps. When we return from a ride my wife or I will show him the map of the ride we just did together on Strava, but he wants to have his own and do it himself!

Does anyone have a very basic/entry level GPS head unit that he could use to record his rides for himself? Needs to be cheap and cheerful - I will probably mount it under the stem rather than on it so he isn't distracted by it, so any features beyond literally tracking a ride for upload to Strava will be wasted :smile:

I think I have a Garmin 200 in a drawer somewhere - might have a crack on the screen, but was working fine last time I used it. I'm away right now, but will take a look in a few days when I'm home. He can have it gratis if it helps encourage a young rider!

OP
OP
BurningLegs

BurningLegs

Veteran
Thank you @netman that is very kind of you - I'd be happy to pay a little for it, and cover postage of course! I will send you a DM some time next week :smile:

Top Bottom