BBC look east imminently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pavement cycling item coming up imminently. 1830 bulletin on Cambridge edition. Should be visible on freesat even nationally, on a channel number somewhere above 800, or on freeview from the Sandy Heath transmitter network.

Headline clip showing what looked like a policeman being very patronising to a teenager isn't encouraging. I wish they took pavement parking of motor vehicles as seriously.

I was very nearly a participant on this, in my official capacity as secretary/publicity officer of the Luton & Dunstable Cycling Forum! Unfortunately the BBC only emailed us this afternoon at 2:45 requesting an interview, so by the time I saw it at 5pm, it was too late for their deadlines. The brief info I had was "We are looking for a response from cycling campaigners in our region about this – how effective are fines? Why might cyclists riding on pavements – is it a safety issue? Lack of proper cycle lanes?". So I've no idea if they bothered to get anyone else to discuss it.

Probably. It used to be the railway line, back in the day, and goes along by the river and past Norman Camp.
Which sounds like a dodgy pantomime character, but anyhow...

Danish Camp!

Drago

Legendary Member
If it was a one off, then it wouldn't be so bad but there's not much good about cycling in Bedford that I've seen yet. It's almost the vehicularist's utopia, isn't it?

Bedford ain't, some of the worst laid out roads south of Danzig. There's no good way of navigating that town.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I love how in the first few minutes of the programme you could see a ruined car on the back of a truck. I bet they could have killed an old person or child driving recklessly, too.

Top Bottom