Better Call Saul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3533472, member: 9609"]at this moment 1.88 mps (can be better in the middle of the night, it dies from 6pm to 9pm) - it will stream radio but video is very frustrating, it would undoubtedly wait until a good point then pause itself for 5 mimutes.[/QUOTE]
You can always pause stuff at the start, it'll carry on downloading then just play once you've got a fair bit ready to watch.

U

User482

{Minor Breaking Bad spoiler below}

I wasn't sure if it would work: Saul was always the light relief in Breaking Bad: a little break from the monstrosities of Heisenberg and Gus, if you like. Happily, they seem to be fleshing out his character nicely, and I liked the little black and white scene at the beginning, presumably giving us a taster of his life once he fled at the end of Breaking Bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

RWright

Guru
I have just watched the first episode. It wasn't as violent as I was expecting but I expect that to change very quickly. I think that guy that came in at the end of the show was one of the psychos from Breaking Bad. I am kind of excited to watch it now but I am more of a binge watcher and like to watch an entire season in a few days. I might watch this one as it is released because some of my friends like to talk about it but they won't if I am around and they know I have not watched it.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Saul's part in Breaking Bad made it for me, as it injected much needed comedic relief to the series.

Watched 'Better Call Saul' S1 E1 and was not impressed...at first - then it clicked. S1 E2 is better - and hopefully indicative of a worthy series to watch.

PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL THE SERIES BY POSTING SPOILERS ON HERE.......

If you do, at least make sure the post is headed with 'SPOILER'.

Ta muchly

DWiggy

Über Member
1st episode was a bit slow but the second was really good, seems to be finding its feet a bit quicker that BB did...so far its great TV!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Breaking bad was excellent tv. Better call Saul is developing, so we'll see. Looks good so far though.
Another one I got addicted to was "Sons of anarchy".
Anyone else like it too?

cd365

Guru
I thought the scene in the desert with Tuco was very funny.

jhawk

Veteran
Breaking bad was excellent tv. Better call Saul is developing, so we'll see. Looks good so far though.
Another one I got addicted to was "Sons of anarchy".
Anyone else like it too?

I loved SOA. But, as with many of the series, my Dad and I either stopped watching it, and then fell out-of-touch with it, or just stopped watching it after it got a bit too predictable/samey. It was the same with Criminal Minds - too predictable/samey after a while. Amazing shows, though.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I'm waiting just now for the season finale S7 of SOA....can't wait, have really enjoyed.
I know what you mean though about the predictability of some of these series.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Gonna start watching it as we loved Breaking Bad.

We're now watching The Sopranos. Apparently it knocks BB into a cocked hat. All I can say is that it must improve a lot later on :sad:

I thought it was better than Breaking Bad, it tails off towards the end though. Try The Shield if you haven't watched it, I thought it was better than both BB and The Sopranos, I'm sure most don't agree though.

Slioch

Guru
Agree with the previous comments that Breaking Bad was totally brilliant, and Better Call Saul looks very promising. Some other historical dramas that I would put into the same category of brilliance as BB, and that I regularly re-watch include...

- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Edge of Darkness
- The Lakes
- The original (British) version of House of Cards, although the current American version on Netflix comes very close.

Top Bottom