Better Call Saul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
- The original (British) version of House of Cards, although the current American version on Netflix comes very close.
Having watched the American H o C a few months ago, I found the 3rd series is out on Netflix from 27th Feb, so I watched the English version over the last week - very little to choose between them, both excellent and looking forward to 3rd series of the American one.

Breaking Bad was brilliant and I'll definitely watch Better call Saul, but I would personally put The Wire above BB. I have recently watched Season 1 of the Sopranos and it got better as it went on, only another 6 seasons left to watch in the boxset, thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I don't even know what House of Cards is!!! Imma call Saul!

It's a Netflix original, rather good too.

Tin Pot

Guru
Agree with the previous comments that Breaking Bad was totally brilliant, and Better Call Saul looks very promising. Some other historical dramas that I would put into the same category of brilliance as BB, and that I regularly re-watch include...

- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Edge of Darkness
- The Lakes
- The original (British) version of House of Cards, although the current American version on Netflix comes very close.
Bought the original john le carres with Alec Guiness - Brilliant. And the original House of Cards is excellent.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I liked it, i think it'll build.

Breaking bad and the Sopranos , which one is my favorite? couldn't choose even if I had to ...
My recollection of Breaking Bad is of a first series that was essentially "problem of the week" type episodes - it got *really* good in the second series on, imo.

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul though - some nice shades to his character being shown in the episodes I've seen so far. There's also an "Insider" podcast available, like for the later seasons of BB.

Top Bottom