Biggsie...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

Funny isn't it.

A man robs a bank - gets to die in jail without release, even though he's well into old age.

The banks rob us, and the man gets million of pounds in pension to keep him in luxury into his old age....

Blue

Legendary Member
Unless one believes in full life terms, it does seem strange.

I think he is paying for his distain for the British legal system, rather than his original crime.

Blue

Legendary Member
Wasn't it bank money being transported by train - so robbing a bank at the most vulnerable point?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If it wasn't for Biggsie and co, Phil Collins would never have got the chance to play Buster... ergo, keep him locked up, put Phil Collins in there with him and throw away the key!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Jack Straw's always struck me as a pompous, sanctimonious twat. This latest act of petty spite is entirely in keeping...

Rob S

swee said:
It was his decision to do the crime, it was his decision to escape from prison and go on the run, it was his decision to stay on the run for 30 years.
He's now serving the time when he's old instead of in the prime of his life....and he doesn't need to worry about being looked after or paying to stay in a home. I think he needs to stop bleating.

swee said:
The train driver who got a pasting might be pleased that Jack Straw is a pompous, sanctimonious twat.
Ronnie Biggs had one intention in life - and that was to thieve and be untouchable. At last, someone is doing what a majority of people would wish and saying "You chose to modify people's liberty and freedoms outside the law - we choose to modify your liberty and freedom within the law.
What's the gripe?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Aperitif said:
The train driver who got a pasting might be pleased that Jack Straw is a pompous, sanctimonious twat.
Ronnie Biggs had one intention in life - and that was to thieve and be untouchable. At last, someone is doing what a majority of people would wish and saying "You chose to modify people's liberty and freedoms outside the law - we choose to modify your liberty and freedom within the law.
What's the gripe?

+1

I also agree with swee'pea99 too though - Jack Straw is a twat!

Top Bottom