Bike Lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

junkie_ball

Ok so i rarely take a lock with me as i tend to not stop or leave the bike on a ride. On the odd occasions on a long ride where i do though i would like to have a light weight lock i can carry in my pocket more as a deterrent as i appreciate a lightweight lock would not have much security benefits. I have been looking in my local shops but not found anything to do the job that isn't too heavy do you guys have any suggestions?

vickster

Legendary Member

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
This looks like a decent start. But I wouldn't leave it for long.
I got one of these from Aldi but have never used it. I would only use it if I was locking up for a few seconds outside a village shop with no one hanging about and in full view from shop for less than 1 minute. Even then I'd be constantly checking.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
i carry a BIG D-Lock on the hybrid whilst shopping
or a Magnum cable lock for the road bike for a cafe shop

but..............

regardless of which - i also carry a Saddle Cable Lock £4.50 each
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191267659414?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T
which loops the QR front wheel to the main lock
and yet another one for the Brooks saddle on the road bike also looped into the main

looks 'overkill' but if that deters any opportunist ....great

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This is the "four minute lock" that I use. It's useless against somebody who wants my bike but at least he has to try to get it.

If my bike is locked, I can claim on my insurance policy. Well, that's what they say on paper.....
masterlock 8126.jpg

OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

Just thought i'd say thanks for the advise from everyone. I have purchased the lock Vickster posted a link for. Looks perfect for my needs a lightweight lock i can put in my jersey and use at the coffee shop to deter those opportunist thieves. Although i'm under no illusion that it would take a serious thief more than a couple seconds to get it off.

Top Bottom