Bike snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
One thing I don't get is bike snobbery. When I'm on my road bike people often smile back or reply if you say 'good morning' etc,.
However...when I'm on my mountain bike, some (not all) road bikers) look at me in complete disdain and often don't reply. The other day someone on a roadbike (a budget B'Twin, of all things) looked at me like I was a complete piece of dog dirt when I said good morning as he passed.
Why is this? It matters not a jot, but I bet my mountain bike cost three times what his did, yet I felt he thought he was superior or something! I'm not trying to start a war between road and mountain bikers, as I have both and thoroughly enjoy each one, I just don't get the occasional snobbery and I always smile at anyone on a bike regardless what it is.

Is it just me, or do other people suffer this, too?

speccy1

:popcorn:

I like to twerk with every passing cyclist. Funnily enough it was when Miley Cyrus cycled passed and I taught her how to twerk a few years ago that she thanked me and made it her thing on stage.

Some snobby cyclists don't like to twerk with me but they're in the minority.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hooray... the penny pot is empty.. thanks for the little contribution...

kerching.jpg

Large

Duty idiot
Some funny posts here which have made me smile.

I think that nearly all cyclists I encounter, be they on road, hybrid, or MTB, either nod, or lift a hand off the bars in acknowledgement of a fellow rider on a hybrid. As it's a Cannondale Bad Boy with black decals on a matte black frame, it could be anything I'm piloting, so you can' tell if it's worth £100 or £1,000 :-)

I certainly acknowledge folks on the road, irrespective of their mounts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom