Bike stolen from Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ollie W

Cycling pls
My Specialized Crosstrail Sport Disc (2014 model) was stolen today from my bike shed at home in Shirley, Southampton. It looks a bit like this but with black mudguards and lights (and my D lock was attached in its holder):

specialized-crosstrail-sport-disc-2014-hybrid-bike.jpg

Please let me know if you see anything around if you're local, or if you chance across anything on the net. I've reported it to the police and have got the word out on social media.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'll keep an eye out for it

Linford

Do a search when you are logged into your ebay account, log in every few days and check for it.

Did you have any pictures of your bike with you on it, did you have the frame number ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry about this.

Post your bike on e Bay as for sale with loads of photos and details of the theft.

I have got to ask. Why was the d lock attached to the holder?

Steve

OP
OP
Ollie W

Ollie W

Cycling pls
No pics with me on it as it's a week and a half old. Am trying to find the frame number. The reason the d-lock was in its holder was because i had cycled home from work and put the bike in our bike shed which is secured by a code. There was no sign of a break in so we have a feeling the thief may be an ex neighbour who was chucked out of the block of flats.

Tribanite

No pics with me on it as it's a week and a half old. Am trying to find the frame number. The reason the d-lock was in its holder was because i had cycled home from work and put the bike in our bike shed which is secured by a code. There was no sign of a break in so we have a feeling the thief may be an ex neighbour who was chucked out of the block of flats.

Ollie - i sympathise at your loss, but left in a communal lock up with no D Lock :eek:
Lesson learnt i take it. Good luck with finding the bike .

HorTs

Über Member
Do a search when you are logged into your ebay account, log in every few days and check for it.

Did you have any pictures of your bike with you on it, did you have the frame number ?

Like he said but you can set up a search that will email you the results daily.

I'll keep an eye open in Portsmouth.

OP
OP
Ollie W

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Ollie - i sympathise at your loss, but left in a communal lock up with no D Lock :eek:
Lesson learnt i take it. Good luck with finding the bike .
Lesson learnt. Was naive to think a block of just 4 flats could be trustworthy. Sounds like the police have pretty much given up too, since my LBS didn't note down the frame code either.

Top Bottom