*Blimey* that's light!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There was Cannondale chained up where I chain my bike up this morning, so I lifted it up just to feel the weight...as you do. Blimey! And I thought my bike was light! Made mine feel like lifting a tractor. ;)

It was called a Capo, but the wheels had been changed for lightweight Mavics (having googled and read a review, the ones it comes with are apparently a bit chunky). I didn't know bikes could weigh that little and still work. You learn something new every day...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I know what you mean.... My colleague has a Pinarello and its insane, when you pick it up it feels like its made out of tupperware!

Blackandblue

swee said:
That's their fixed bike isn't it?

I had a bike delivered a while back - full carbon. The (rather slight) lady from parcelforce climbed into the back of the van and, summoning all of her strength to haul such a large box out of the van, almost flung it out not realising it was so light. My wife picked the box up and was genuinely concerned that it was empty!

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Blackandblue said:
That's their fixed bike isn't it?

I had a bike delivered a while back - full carbon. The (rather slight) lady from parcelforce climbed into the back of the van and, summoning all of her strength to haul such a large box out of the van, almost flung it out not realising it was so light. My wife picked the box up and was genuinely concerned that it was empty!
That's the feller. Or, strictly, single-speed, according to the review - ie, it has a single sprocket, but it's a freewheel, not fixed.

The closest I've ever got to this was buying a saddle off ebay - it arrived in brown cardboard and it felt like holding, well, a piece of brown cardboard.

Top Bottom