Bloody Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spike on a bike

Spike on a bike

Über Member
That's the spirit old chap. Now what can I do to follow my own advise...

Get out there man it's a glorious day here

Waiting for Mrs Spike to go to work then I'm off

OP
OP
Spike on a bike

Spike on a bike

Über Member
Oh daughters just driven over from Norwich with her new bike to go ride with daddy

I may even take a picture of this miracle

Just checked my year to date and its 561 miles

Plus all the times I forget to start my phone app and the multiple times my phone goes flat before I get home

Must be a better app than run keeper I'm sure ?

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Didn't they tell us not so very long ago that the weather was going to take a turn for the better at the start of August? Here is the forecast pressure chart for next Sunday morning, August 1st. Doesn't look anything like an improvement to me, with that low pressure moving east!

2-1438506000-3.gif

Hyslop

Veteran
I have a nasty feeling that Summer has passed thee and me by.If things carry on as they are,my turbo will see more action than in a normal Winter.Last Saturday I watched the weather close in at such a rate that rain clouds obscured the view(as I see it across Solway)from Annan to Gretna in about 10 minutes,Grim.

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a nasty feeling that Summer has passed thee and me by.If things carry on as they are,my turbo will see more action than in a normal Winter.Last Saturday I watched the weather close in at such a rate that rain clouds obscured the view(as I see it across Solway)from Annan to Gretna in about 10 minutes,Grim.

I've got my fingers crossed for a bright sunny Autumn, this weather is spoiling my enjoyment a tad, as much as I like a morning commute with a strong tail wind the number of homeward commutes into wind that have turned out like doing training ride is past a joke, I wasn't impressed Sunday either, the idea of a Sunday ride is enjoyment but 33 miles home, most of it into a headwind, in torrential rain wasn't pleasant.

Brandane

Legendary Member
At least it's not just Scotland, as I discovered today. A 10 mile ride into York in constant rain and I was drenched by the time I got there. Wandered round the city, got very cold, had to buy a fleece to wear under my "waterproof" (yeh, sure it is) jacket. Dried up in time for the return ride and then started raining again. It is still persisting it down....

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about this for luck? I set off for a ride today on my new bike as soon as the rain stopped and the ground dried(not wanting to get it dirty:blush:). I was out for two and a half hours. It only spit a few drops and the sun even shone while i was out, but as soon as i got home the heavens opened and poured down for half an hour!:rain:

Katherine

Guru
How about this for luck? I set off for a ride today on my new bike as soon as the rain stopped and the ground dried(not wanting to get it dirty:blush:). I was out for two and a half hours. It only spit a few drops and the sun even shone while i was out, but as soon as i got home the heavens opened and poured down for half an hour!:rain:

That's great, sounds like you're enjoying the new bike.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's great, sounds like you're enjoying the new bike.

Yes i bought a cyclo cross type road bike from Pendle Cycles near Burnley last Thursday. It has an aluminium frame, carbon forks(very comfy compared to the ones i've had before) and a 105 groupset and it has 28mm marathon tyres so i feel more confident about not slipping or puncturing. Not forgetting the lightweight mudguards so it's more of a comfort bike than the others i've had. I don't think i'll be doing any cyclo crossing:laugh: but i did some slightly rough country lanes yesterday and it handled them well.

Dave7

Legendary Member
why is it every time I look at my bike shed it rains ?
Must confess I am getting sick of it. I know its absurd but I actually feel almost angry..........as though I personally am being robbed of a summer:wacko:
I have set this year to build up to doing a 70 miler (not done more than 10 for many a year) but cant get passed the 50 mark as the b@*$"y weather wont let me do consistant rides grhhhh.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been out this morning and spent a lot of time banging into a headwind, I'm starting to get p***** off having to keep doing that.

Top Bottom