Bloody Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Another promising, bright start then very overcast and dull again here today. Warm enough and dry, so no complaints on the cycling front (apart from the relentless headwind) but it does generally seem to be a very 'dull' as in cloudy summer. I can't remember many clear sunny days this year. I wonder if there's more moisture in the atmosphere nowadays.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I wonder if there's more moisture in the atmosphere nowadays.
Understatement of the year!
I know what you mean though, it seems that the weather is generally much wetter in most parts of the world - apart from London and the SE of course; which is a shame for them as the place could do with a right good wash :tongue:.

gavgav

Guru
5 of us turned up for Cricket nets this evening, rain lashing down, 13c temps, 25mph wind gusting to 39mph (according to the Met Office) decided sod it, that's not cricket weather and time to go home.

What a dreadful Autumn we are having :whistle:

Overcast this morning. Bloody weather!!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
It was sunny on my bit of the coast and as i cycled past the cricket club at the end of my road at 5.30am this morning some of them were just leaving :eek:

I cycled home past them last night and their appeared to be a big match going on so perhaps our team won. It was a lovely evening for them.

Brandane

Legendary Member
That's the rain on now; forecast to last until early tomorrow. Still; mustn't grumble, it's been dry (but windy) since about midnight :rolleyes:.
From tomorrow though, they are saying things might, just MIGHT, improve for a while. Errm, apart from Sunday which will be wet :sad:.

Katherine

Guru
I'm going for a bit of a ride to calm my slight nerves as i have a job interview this afternoon. This weather is driving me nuts!:cursing: One minute the sun is shining next it's dark as feck! Sunglasses off...sunglasses on....sunglasses off......sunglasses on ...sunglasses....:wacko:

Good luck with your interview!

Mandragora

Windy and depressing here. Again. Ride planned for tomorrow. I WILL go. Fed up of finding "useful" things to do in the house.

Yaay - got out for a ride. It was a group ride, with some 'keep fit ladies', so pretty mixed ability - one who couldn't manage to change gear; one on a m/b and not quite as fit as she might have thought, who struggled, gawd love her, with the hills and too keep up with everyone else on their skinnier-tyred bikes. A pleasant enough poddle and gossip for about an hour and a half, then as they headed off to the pub, I went on at a better pace towards home, which was in the opposite direction, and took in a few big hills along the way. Naturally, as soon as I was on my own, it started raining, but I was so pleased to be going at a better speed I didn't really notice it ^_^

Back to drizzle with wind and cloud.

Off to France next week - fingers crossed for something more 'estival' with the weather.

Top Bottom