Boardman CX team £400- medium frame swap for a ladies road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve T

Veteran
As above only done around 500 miles bought as my winter trainer but not getting used due to having a specialized secteur.
Will include a pair of virtually new 700cX 28 slick tyres as well as the original knobblies.
I have fitted BB7 callipers to the rear brakes but otherwise in original condition, would make an excellent commuter or go anywhere bike. A couple of scratches mainly from storage but otherwise in excellent condition.
I took it off road for about 5 miles on its last outing as can be seen from the pictures but otherwise it has had an easy life, too good a bike to be gathering dust in my shed.
CIMG0093.JPG CIMG0096.JPG CIMG0094.JPG CIMG0097.JPG
I can send some better quality pictures by email if requested these are 640by 480 ones don't really do it justice.

Last edited:

jp1970

Über Member
Where are you based ?

Thanks

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Nice looking bike! Will it take mudguards and a pannier? Looking for a robust commuter

It has quite a bit of clearance, It fits mudguards quite easily although they need to go around the disc mechanism, I've not fitted panniers but I believe it will.
Lots of information about this bike here:- http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12796558&start=320
It has quite a following - you will see some issues on the thread about the BB30 bottom bracket but I've had no issues with mine.

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Medium or size 54 , The closest that I am going Northwest that I know of is Walsall later this week, but I change jobs very soon and may be up in the Northwest when that happens.

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Hi Steve ... Just started a conversation thread with you .. with a few questions.

thanks
Have replied .

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
A few more details on the bike specification:-
Frame: Lightweight triple butted aluminium
Fork: Full carbon with tapered steerer
Front & Rear Derailleurs: SRAM Force (WiFli on the rear)
STI Shifters: SRAM Apex
Crankset: FSA Gossamer (50/34) 175mm crank arm
Cassette: SRAM 11-32t
Brakes: Avid BB7
Wheels: Richey OCR Disc 32h with Richey Excavator tyres
Bars/Stem/Seatpost/Saddle: Original Boardman branded items

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
So tempted
I am travelling up the A6 to Leicester on Friday (from Wellingborough going past Countesthorpe) so could bring it with me so you can have a look.. also that means I could possibly drop the clothes off and give you your fiver back! You will be even more tempted when you see it.

Only fly in the ointment is I am travelling up with a new colleague (started a new job Monday) who might not think much of mixing business with work so I need to check with him first.

Top Bottom