Bonj!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Andy in Sig said:
Bonjy's got a point though. Computers are powerful enough these days to factor in all the mechanical developments and weather conditions so that the drivers could just sit in simulators and do it indoors. This would save a fortune on track maintenance and fuel and keep noise levels down. Then to actually inject a bit of sporting activity into F1, they could all be made to go for a five mile run afterwards.:biggrin:

That'd make it a bit more interesting :biggrin:

bonj2

Andy in Sig said:
Bonjy's got a point though. Computers are powerful enough these days to factor in all the mechanical developments and weather conditions so that the drivers could just sit in simulators and do it indoors. This would save a fortune on track maintenance and fuel and keep noise levels down. Then to actually inject a bit of sporting activity into F1, they could all be made to go for a five mile run afterwards.:biggrin:

or better still, before. First to get to the car gets to set off first!
And possibly a swim afterwards. They have to drive to a lake, then swim across it. Make F1 a bit more like a triathlon and a lot more people'd watch it.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
More people would indeed watch it.

I also think golfers should be restricted to only three bats: a slogger (the one they use for teeing off), a skyer (for bunkers etc) and a putter. They would, of course have to run between shots. Then a complicated formula could balance time take with shots hit to decide the winner.

rikki

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
More people would indeed watch it.

I also think golfers should be restricted to only three bats: a slogger (the one they use for teeing off), a skyer (for bunkers etc) and a putter. They would, of course have to run between shots. Then a complicated formula could balance time take with shots hit to decide the winner.

Like this

Speed golf

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Exactly that it would appear. The fact that it already exists and has not widely caught on just shows what lazy buggers "normal" golfers are. Mind you at least they don't sit down and claim they're doing sport unlike F1 chaps and horse riders.

Top Bottom