Bonjour from Merstham/Redhill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonparr

Regular
After months of lurking and reading some both interesting as well as funny posts, I figured I'd better post a message!

I'm a weekday commuter and a weekend road biker - although sometimes use the roadbike to go to work so I can take a longer route home and enjoy some of the great Surrey countryside.

Am a user of Endomondo and am already part of the cyclechat group and flying high at the moment after doing the capital to coast 60 mile ride on Saturday. (well chuffed I made it over Devils Dyke without stopping!). Following on from that success, seriously mulling over joining a local cycle club to really see how good/bad I am!

Best bits of cycling: Taking in the fab countryside (And pubs) around Surrey, cyclist saying hello, speed, my flash new bike!

Pet hates: RLJers, People that cycle on the wrong side in cycle lanes and then don't move over - we're not part of Europe yet you know!!, Adults cycling on paths - grow up. Then of course the usual SMIDSY etc, although I find if I assume the worst, it's usually happens, but I have already braked to avoid them!

For the moment I'll stay out of the helmet debate!

brockers

Welcome!

The Surrey Hills are a beautiful place to cycle around. I got back just half an hour ago from a quick blatt* down to Box Hill, and then stopped off for coffee 'n' cake at that oasis of slightly bonkers fantasticness that is Fannys Farm.

*On my motorbike that is.

Top Bottom