Born again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokesT

Wotcher, just signed up having been massively utter by the cycling bug. Again. Last one it was the MTB bug, and I was young enough and fit enough to throw myself into it. This time round, 20 yrs on, it's the road bike bug. Been at it since the end of last year, have had to work pretty hard at it but I'm getting there and just done a 210 mile 3 day mini tour of France. Loving it!

OP
OP
SpokesT

SpokesT

Massively bitten. Not massively utter. But autocorrect knows best, eh!

OP
OP
SpokesT

SpokesT

I must admit I did the French 210 on my MTB with 1.5" slicks, but have in the meantime completed the 12 yr on and off build of my Cougar road bike. Imagine my shock when I discovered the 52-42 front rings are likely to cause me to have a coronary on the hills! So it's going in on Thursday for my lovely Campag crankset to be ripped out and some nondescript compact replacement to go in. Oh well, getting up them thar hills is the prerogative :-)

Keep yer Eyes peeled on fleabay for my Campag stuff to help fund things :-/

geekinaseat

Hi SpokesT,

210 miler sounds great! I hope to do something like that soon, next month I'm doing the Somerset Hills Gran Fondo (medium course) with a friend over 2 days, only 80 miles but that should be plenty for someone who's only been doing this a few weeks after a 15 year break!

Top Bottom