1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bosch Washing Machine Help

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Klaus, 29 Mar 2011.

1. Klaus

Klaus Well-Known Member

Attention Washing Machine experts!!

I have a Bosch washing machine which has recently been repaired after six years of almost daily service (new motor & pump).
    Works fine now - only thing I am missing is the audio alarm which goes off when the wash is finished.
    It's quite an annoying sound but it reminds us to empty the machine ... short of booking another call is there an easy way to turn it back on??
    I have found references to turning it off, i.e. select a wash programme and press two option buttons until a sound is emitted. Does this work in reverse.
    Will try anyway but if you have the knowledge let me know.

Thanks all!!

2. Paulus

Paulus Veteran

I want to know how to turn it off. MrsP leant against the machine a year or so ago, and the beebs started, we had had the machine for two years. I can't find anyway to do it, the manual does not mention it. I will try pressing various buttons next time the machine is on.

3. Delftse Post

Delftse Post Massaganian

Me too; I hate that effin' feature.

4. The easiest way to sort things out would surely be for one of you two to swap washing machines with Klaus?:biggrin:

raleighnut, Thomk and summerdays like this.
  5. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Try
    http://www.reviewcen...0_orderasc.html

Reading further down gives instructions on turning it on

6. Klaus

Klaus Well-Known Member

Every machine is a bit different. Mine is a model WFL2872GB/06.
    Did this: Programme selector on programme (not started) - hold down "Rinse/Hold" button and the beep noise came on.
    Now haven't done a wash since then but this could be it. Some good suggestions on here - the warning beep on Basch machines seems to hit a raw nerve ....

7. sheddy

sheddy Über Member

How to get a beep from a German dish washer ?
    Just ask him to work another shift

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

With ours, you turn the dial one click to the right. Then hold down the bottom button of the row to the right of the screen and while holding, turn the dial another click to the right. This will give you the volume options for button presses. Hold and turn another right click, and you can turn off the annoying three beeps when the cycle has finished.

9. BearPear

BearPear Well-Known Member

we have a Bosch but not aware of a "Beep" feature. I shall have to investigate...!

10. Night Train

Night Train - Maker of Things - Gothic Arch

I still haven't managed to stop my one from beeping.
    It means I still can't run a wash over night.:angry:

11. Klaus

Klaus Well-Known Member

Our instruction mnual doesn't mention it at all !!

12. classic33

Question asked is
    "My Bosch WFL2872 washing machine has suddenly decided to beep quite a few times at the end of the wash. Anyone know how to turn it off?"

So it sounds as though its the same machine.

13. Klaus

Klaus Well-Known Member

"Normal" slow beep = end of wash
    "Rapid" beep = error or wash cycle which required drain/spin selection separatley at the end.
    Turning off the beep - just turn off the machine.
    Disabling beep - see above for hints
    I wanted the beep on ....

14. classic33

"To restore the end of cycle notification (beep) do the same thing as described above, but release the button earlier while the beep is still going."

15. classic33

Did it work in the end?
    Those that wanted Beeping/No Beeping get what they wanted?