Bottom bracket id please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
After some help identifying what kind of bottom bracket this is, hell of a long story that I won't bore you with.

Also what crankset this would take ?
WP_20150630_002.jpg
WP_20150630_004.jpg
WP_20150630_003.jpg

Campagnolo Ultra Torque and it only accommodates a Campagnolo Ultra Torque crank. Nothing else.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
They are threaded on a standard road BB shell so just remove them with a Shimano Hollowtech II tool and insert a BB of your choice. Make sure they are English threaded though.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The cups do wear but I would think that they would last at least 5 - 10 years unless you let one of the bearings wear badly - in which case they soon start sticking and wearing the cups away.

It could be that the cups were working loose through pedalling - I have a bike with good BB threads but the cups still work loose and the solution was ptfe tape. They may have taken a more drastic course to deal with the problem.

So it might be worthwhile looking to see if a little heat will enable their removal.

If you go with the Campy cranks ( which will still work with Shimano BTW) you will also need a wavy washer for the left hand side cup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom